Toppan Interamerica, Inc. is seeking a highly-creative and ambitious Designer to join our Design team. The candidate must have excellent verbal and visual presentation skills, the ability to develop, substantiate, and explain design direction to the team and clients, and have a passion for bringing ideas to life. The Designer is involved in all aspects of our projects, from exploration and conception of design development through to the final production of all printed and digital deliverables. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated capabilities for collaborating in teams, interacting with clients, and managing multiple timelines and deliverables.
- Organize the process flow of critical projects within the design department as it relates to Recreational Vehicle, Manufactured Housing and Wallboard accounts.
- Track customer design launch timetables with specific details and deliverables.
- Collaborate with domestic and Tokyo design teams in support of sales opportunities and manage more than one design brief at a time by allocating the relevant amount of time.
- Research current and upcoming design trends to create new designs for decorative
paper and film products to service RV, MH and Wallboard markets.
- Provide digital design work to clients using Photoshop to produce accurate and high
design print quality.
- Utilize our design library to meet market needs for creating new colorations with
existing and new print systems in the color laboratory.
- Provide sales managers with advice on technical design issues about the various inhouse production capabilities.
- Provide support to sales as it related to color observations, design presentations and
paper sampling arrangements.
Trend Analysis & New Design Development
- Build a successful customer relationship utilizing own expertise of market knowledge
and presentation skills.
- Explore inspiration from tradeshows, magazines, websites, etc. to ideas that can be
execute impactful and aesthetically-pleasing presentations and creation of design and
- Attend Sales and design meetings as required to keep in tune with customers’ activities.
Company Brand Support and Marketing
- Use a variety of typography, composition, color and visual identity to create marketing tools while remaining consistent with Toppan brand guidelines.
- Collaborate with the Graphics team to create marketing materials for events including
event advertisements and post event visuals.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Associated or Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Arts or Interior Design and preferably three
years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Professional knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, print production
- A refined sense of composition and typography
- Experience working under deadlines
Please send a resume, cover letter and digital portfolio to: [email protected]