What is LIGR?
LIGR.Live, our cloud-based plug and play sports broadcast platform, has completely transformed the livestream sports landscape and made it possible for more than 1,000 sports organisations in 80 countries to self-produce their live sport. Our customers love LIGR.Live because they can add stunning TV-quality animated graphics to their livestreams or broadcasts in a matter of minutes – but we are much more than a simple graphics platform.
LIGR is the only all-in-one sports broadcast solution. Our users can access powerful automation and collaboration tools, live scoring and in-game stats, fixture and asset management, integrated sponsorship and advertising, and built-in tracking and reporting. We’re also working on more exciting features, such as video mixing and production, automatic replays, automatic social posts, and more advanced advertising tools for sports sponsors.
LIGR is VC funded and backed by prominent angel investors. We are growing fast and looking for talented, self-motivated people to join our team who value collaboration, growth and learning.
What’s the role?
LIGR is looking for a seasoned product marketing professional to help us define a new product category. As our first head of marketing, reporting to the CEO, you will play a pivotal role in establishing and expanding the marketing functions at LIGR. You will be responsible for driving initiatives that raise the bar for content and campaign relevancy for customers and support ongoing learning and experimentation.
- Build LIGR’s go-to-market strategy, including product positioning, messaging and brand
- Create new marketing initiatives to help us acquire customers across both self-service & inbound enterprise sales
- Drive engagement and awareness with existing customers
- Establish a community of our customers to help us stay close to the core and establish new channels to onboard prospects
- Report on marketing performance, competitive response and emerging opportunities
- Be an expert on our target users, how they use our product, and how they use alternative products
- Manage a small full-time/freelance marketing team across creative and operations
- Manage marketing budget and spend
- Work with external video production houses to execute video projects
- Contribute to the conceptualisation of creative marketing campaigns and manage execution
- Lead the thinking on growth marketing strategy globally
- Reporting on and analysing the success of our social media accounts and working on improvement strategies
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong SaaS product marketing experience, preferably at a company with a hybrid sales approach (self-service + enterprise sales)
- High-level communication skills – both interpersonal, in copywriting, branding and positioning
- Experience with a broad range of marketing methods and channels, pragmatic on which to use
- Experience as both an individual contributor and leading teams
- A willingness to get their hands dirty at a well-funded startup on the path to building out a team
- Advanced knowledge of Google Ads, SEO, and Paid Facebook/Instagram
- The ability to use analytics and work with datasets to understand performance, improve campaigns and measure outcomes
- A strong focus on improvement
Desirable attributes (non-essential):
- A basic understanding of live video production and accompanying technologies
- A general understanding of sports or broadcast
- Video/design experience + hands-on experience with relevant tools
- Experience with HubSpot or similar CRM systems
In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fun, creative environment and learning from the best technical minds in the sports industry, we offer:
- A competitive salary + ESOP (depending on experience)
- The chance to work with global sporting bodies, sports leagues, sportscasters and broadcasters
- Remote work or access to our Sydney office
- A role at a startup sized company, where you can make an immediate impact
If you’ve got what it takes, we want to hear from you!