Textline is on a mission to help companies improve their customer experience 160 characters at a time. We are a business texting platform empowering teams to communicate personally and more efficiently via text messages. As a result of our recent growth, we are adding a Product Manager to help us build a world-class software application.
The ideal applicant for this Product Manager position has a customer-first mindset with a penchant for research, customer interviews, quantitative testing. You'll work closely with the entire team, but more specifically with our Product, Design, and Engineering (PDE) team to help us understand user needs, define product direction, and validate solutions.
Our growing team is led by a few industry executives including our CEO who co-founded Xoom, Eventbrite, and Yammer prior to starting Textline. Some of our early customers include Live Nation, Ben & Jerry's, and 1-800-GOT-JUNK.
What you'll do at Textline:
- Build out and manage a Customer Advisory Board
- Understand the problems our customers face through research and testing
- Define and frame those problems for the Textline team
- Collaborate with the team to determine solutions
- Test and validate those solutions
- Help to organize and scope the product roadmap
- Write, present, and manage product specs and tests
- Research and understand the competitive landscape
- Know the product inside and out
- Identify, prioritize, clarify, and triage bugs
What you'll bring to Textline:
- User-focused empathy and passion for our customers
- Experience in customer and market research
- An iterative mindset with a bias toward action and improvement
- Willingness to tackle the most complicated problems
- Understanding of key product metrics and their effect on the business
- Articulate presentation skills with a knack for normalizing problems
- Keen eyes for excellent user experiences and flows
- Love for data, metrics, and analysis
- 4+ Years of product management experience
- Demonstrable writing and presentation skills
- Examples of specs, roadmaps, and research documents
- A background in working with web software
- Ability to switch between thinking creatively and analytically
Textline benefits include: Health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k matching, unlimited vacation, FSA for dependent care or healthcare.