Possess and apply comprehensive knowledge of industrial design to create, develop, and communicate innovative product design concepts for the Titleist golf club franchise. Plans, conducts, and coordinates complex design programs employing various art, design, and engineering skills to create product opportunities necessitating the origination and application of new and unique approaches. Reviews with management and development teams to evaluate complex projects in an organized manner to align with critical path schedule requirements. Works with substantial latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions.
• BS/BA Degree in Industrial Design or related field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
• More than 7 years of increasingly responsible professional experience is required.
• Golf Consumer Products design experience required. Desired skills include: Comprehensive knowledge of computer-based concept/design/graphic packages (Photoshop, Illustrator, 3D StudioMax, Alias, Bunkspeed, etc.), 2D and 3D Product prototyping skills, (sketching, model making, painting, and hand working), Excellent communication and presentation skills, Project Management skills and experience, Office computer software (Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint, etc.), 3D CAD design software (Unigraphics, IDeas, etc.).
• Possess and apply comprehensive knowledge in the field of Golf Club design, product design, developmental processes, materials, construction, engineering design techniques, and market trends.
• Capable of using computer for long periods of time.
• Defines, creates, develops, and refines conceptual product design concepts for complex product opportunities as well as reviews with management to define features and benefits, form and function. Reviews with management and development teams to evaluate projects in an organized manner to align with critical path schedule requirements. Works closely with iron, metalwood, shaft and wedge product development teams to develop new golf club concepts and products. Plans, conducts, and coordinates product development meetings, design critiques, vendor meetings, first article inspections and cosmetic/design approval process as necessary.
• Contributes independent and original work in the creation of new golf club design concepts. Pursues design and utility patents in previously unexplored areas by submitting invention records and actively supporting I.P. efforts. Maintains comprehensive knowledge of design techniques, including computer graphics/design/CAD generation, sketches, hand work, rapid prototyping, machined/finished prototyping, and visual communication/presentation tools.
• Applying comprehensive knowledge of computer-based program, generates necessary documentation and images to facilitate communication and support to Product Development Engineering, Testing, Suppliers, Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing.
• Possess and apply comprehensive knowledge of materials and construction techniques typically used to manufacture golf club components. Maintain comprehensive knowledge golf club forms, shapes, sculpting, features, artwork, engraving, aesthetics, medallions, secondary inserts, cosmetics, and product presentation techniques.
• Possess and apply comprehensive understanding of Golf industry and Industrial Design industry trends. Conduct inspiration research of outside industries for new product design concepts. Maintain and develop knowledge and expertise of new methods to further enhance departmental design and development capabilities.
Manager, Industrial Design
Candidates meeting the qualifications listed above are invited to submit their resume along with salary requirements via the apply button for this job at: https://employment.acushnetgolf.com/ and must submit a resume in "MS Word Form ONLY" in order to be considered.
Acushnet Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled. Acushnet Company offers competitive salaries to commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical & dental; 401(k) savings plan; tuition assistance; life & disability insurance; vacations/holidays; on site wellness programs / facility; etc. and generous product discounts.