Are you obsessed with design? Do you empathize with parents today and think about ways to make their lives better?
The First Years, a division of TOMY International, is looking for a motivated, multi-talented, and energetic product designer who loves to get their hands dirty, to dig deep and solve problems, and to carry their inspired design intent through every touchpoint of a product launch. The ideal candidate will mix Industrial with Graphic Design capabilities to create a holistic product solution. Children don’t come with an instruction manual; so for more than 65 years, we have been helping new parents by creating valued products that enhance and support their perfectly imperfect journey.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to champion new ideas while working closely with mechanical engineers, brand leaders, packaging, and other talented Industrial Designers. You will be influencing design on a cross-functional team where communication and collaboration is paramount. You will contribute directly to product categories such as Bath & Potty, Nursery, Toddler Feeding, Infant Care and Play, while also contributing to the development of our licensed products lines.
This role operates out of the Canton, MA office and reports to the Director of Design.
• Participate in immersion programs including store visits, design research, and focus groups
• Creative based activities – brainstorming, prototyping, etc.
• Frequent collaboration and communication with internal partners
• Application of insight into innovative design solutions and product concepts
• Regularly present design work to category leaders
• Knowledge of competitive landscape, market segments
• Ongoing analysis of market trends and category influencers
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years of experience in product or fashion design
• Experience using industry tools – Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchbook, Keyshot, SolidWorks, etc.
• Animation experience in Flash or After Effects a plus
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Strong fundamentals – sketching, concept creation, form development, and visual communication
• Understanding of manufacturing materials and processes
• Excellent communication skills – English speaking
• Creative thinker + problem solver
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
• Ability to identify trends and opportunities in the marketplace
• Proactive worker with a positive attitude
• Experience bringing products to market a plus
• Organized and consistently delivers project work on time
We are looking for people who are passionate about being part of a diverse team, where different backgrounds, experience and opinions are valued and incorporated into our daily work. We want to welcome people into our company that like to collaborate, take on challenges and value a wide variety of global views about consumers, brands, processes and products.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If interested,
submit your resume and portfolio.