Help us take FINE to the next level!
More and more, companies depend on the power of what we do to lead their business direction. We’re not just styling banner ads and business cards over here. At FINE, a Senior Designer can (and should) truly make big things happen, working alongside people as committed, passionate, and talented as you are.
At FINE, we are committed to our core values and strive to live them every day.
People here are the real deal. You bring genuine intentions, unite by your actions, stay humble in your greatness, open with your quirks, and honest in your flaws.
You’re at the top of your craft and game. Whatever your skill and role, you’re a highly engaged, positive solutioneer. A leader, a do-er, and an always improver.
MAKE BIG HAPPEN
You approach your work believing it has the power to impact our company, our clients, even our world. All that you do is strategically-motivated and aims for a world-class outcome.
Our values manifest themselves in a small group of dynamic, creative learners who are passionate about producing inspired and effective work, who seek to improve every day, and who understand that life is too short to not enjoy yourself along the way.
Our promise to clients is to help them evolve their brand and business to become their best selves and deepen their relationships with customers. For the “A player” (that rare and talented top 10%) looking for something special, this position is the ideal opportunity.
- Do you see brand and creative as a powerful business driver?
- Do you believe the best work is done in small groups of passionate experts?
- Do you love design that is simple, beautiful, and intuitive?
- Do you have a high level of attention to detail?
- Do you have a passion for supporting others?
- Are you looking for a place to learn and challenge yourself every day?
- Are you able to maintain calm in times of stress?
- Do you focus on priorities to achieve set goals?
- Do you value the people you work with as much as the work itself?
- Do you look at work as a career rather than just a job?
- Are you inspired by the opportunity to address and solve interesting problems?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, we want to meet you!
FINE is a brand agency. But for us, branding has moved far beyond slick logos, flashy sites, and clever campaigns. It’s a deep process of building value, based on values. It starts with the core reason a company exists, then permeates everything you do about it. Brand-Led Business Building™ helps us engineer companies (including our own) by aligning Vision, Operations, Expression, and Traction to create the kind of business people today truly buy into.
Since 1994, we’ve earned hundreds of awards and worked with countless clients to help define businesses using brand as our lens. Our work and our people have been featured in Communication Arts, Graphis, HOW, Fast Co., Adweek, CMO.com, AdAge, and many others. We’re proud to have helped friends across industries, from pioneering hospitality brands to innovators and nonprofits of all shapes and sizes.
Your role will be to design conceptually-enviable and elegantly-straightforward digital experiences. You’ll pair expert design craft with thinking and storytelling to drive the adoption of your ideas. You’ll collaborate with other designers along with writers, strategists, and developers to solve problems, share and receive ideas, and constantly elevate the level of work we deliver together. Your compelling creative will help differentiate brands in the marketplace, attract customers, and add value to the product and service experience that clients offer.
Things You’ll Do
- Join a team of designers who are committed to doing great work and helping each other succeed
- Work across the design spectrum, from strategy to pixel-level detail, including concept development, refinement, rollout, and production support
- Collaborate closely with our in-house strategists, producers, information architects, writers, and developers
- Drive projects forward by going beyond your role to support our team
Traits and Experience
- 5+ years relevant studio or in-house experience with large-scale websites (think: 15+ pages with varying stylistic elements weaved throughout)
- Mastery of digital creative tools and applications, and solid familiarity with best practices in developing deliverables
- An agile self-starter, able to contribute to projects with varying levels of direction, and pivot gracefully as project plans shift
- The ability and desire to present your work clearly and thoughtfully to teammates and clients at all stages of a project
- Content strategy acumen, with the ability to map user journeys, experience maps, and interaction flows
- A love for design and a solid understanding of typography, photography, interaction, and technology
- Strong command of Adobe Creative Suite
- You're up-to-date with the latest design and prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma)
- Active collaboration, presentation, and prototyping skills
- A strong portfolio with details on your specific role and contribution — we're serious about wanting the details
- A sense of humor. And a sense of humor about your sense of humor. Seriously.
- Bonus points for photography, motion graphics skills, front end development experience, and/or familiarity with prototyping tools eg. Principle or Framer
We’re whole human beings here at FINE, and we’ve designed our company to support our team in a whole range of human things. This is a contract to hire role and if you join us full time, you’ll have access to things like:
- A selection of robust health plans (medical, dental, and vision) to choose from, with an option for 100% employer-paid coverage
- Vacation, sick time, company-paid holidays, and our annual holiday close
- A 401(k) plan combined with a discretionary company contribution, driven by company performance
- Company-paid group-term life insurance with the option to purchase additional coverage
- Short-term disability coverage
- Professional development to keep you growing
- Flexible spending accounts for dependent care as well as dental and vision expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible and remote working opportunities
- Friendly atmosphere and culture
- Competitive compensation package
- Outstanding work environment (and lots of snacks!)
- Working with other “A players” driven to create great client results
“FINE offers the perfect balance of a humanity-first approach to business and envelope-pushing aspirations. It’s the harmony between the two that’s continually impressed me and inspired me to want to give back not just through my work ethic but in my desire to help see the business thrive. Leadership consistently exemplifies a deep consideration and care for the team, especially in their rallying for self-advocacy and continued personal growth – which can certainly be advertised by any agency, but to actually follow through requires a real level of trust and commitment.“
-Mehran, Associate Creative Director
“I’ve worked on multiple projects building sites for everything from wineries to private equity clients. There’s always an interesting new feature or challenge to overcome with each project, and our designers always bring fresh ideas to the table. Part of a successful build is coming up with ways to create flexible object oriented data models without over engineering too much complexity into it, so that sites can evolve and change with the client’s needs over time.”
-Jeremy Clemans, Developer
Our Hiring Process
Our business may be small, but we think hiring’s a big deal. So we take a very thorough approach to finding the right fit for both our company and for each human who comes to work here. Our process includes several interviews, an analysis of your career history, and in-depth reference checks. We respect your time and appreciate your participation in our mutual goal to help you find the ideal position for your skills and strengths.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We believe in this big-time. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. FINE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
If you feel you are up for our in-depth hiring process and feel you can contribute to a dynamic, growing company, please begin your application below. Phone calls and emails are not accepted.