Complaints Resolution Manager (m/f/x)
Permanent employee, Full-time · Berlin HQ
ABOUT THIS ROLE
At Medbelle, we are building the digital hospital of the future.
We have been providing elective medical procedures for thousands of patients since 2016 and are the best-rated medical provider in the UK on Trustpilot (http://bit.ly/medbelle_trustpilot).
Our patients choose us because we are a high-quality surgery provider and they trust us to provide them with excellent medical care. We feel a deep responsibility to live up to that trust and to ensure that each and every one of our patients feels fully supported throughout their surgery journey. This means that we are not only there for them when things go well but also if things go wrong.
As a Complaints Resolution Manager, your job will be to handle critical patient issues and ensure that we do everything in our power to make them right. You will be trusted with guiding patients through our protocols and processes whilst providing them with empathetic and caring support when they need it most. Your ability to do this well is essential to our mission and will deeply impact the lives of the patients you care for.
In addition to patient management, you will be required to work in several other areas aimed at positively developing the department and making it airtight and efficient. Such projects would include, reviewing our terms and conditions to ensure they encompass all treatments, creating training materials for internal use and for our surgeons, and revising current processes and elevating them to 5-star hospital standards, to name a few.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Managing patients with complaints and complex clinical pathways via email and phone.
- Acknowledging and recording patient complaints in detail.
- Coordinating with other departments such as Patient Care and Operations to manage unusual patient pathways.
- Judging how and when to liaise with surgeons and hospitals about complex patient cases in the most professional, efficient, and patient-centric manner.
- Pushing for swift and effective resolutions to complex patient issues while acknowledging competing departmental demands and resource limitations.
- Communicating complex decisions to patients in a clear and empathetic manner.
- Ensuring that processes and policies are being followed correctly in the case of complex patient pathways.
- Training and advising Patient Care Advisers regarding complaints policies and procedures.
- Maintaining the Complaints Management System and recording policies and best practices.
- Contributing to planning the Medical Advisory Committee in relation to complaints.
- Working with our Head of Patient Care (to whom you will report) on projects to improve our complaints management and to make sure that we never make the same mistake twice.
WHO YOU ARE
- Native English speaker
- Ability to communicate complex and difficult messages with nuance
- Highly empathetic personality
- 2+ years of experience in complaints management/conflict management
- Medical background is preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Impeccable organisational talent
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Duration: 1-2 weeks
- Screening: After you submit your application materials we will review them to gauge if they meet our requirements. We aim to get back to you as soon as possible.
- Initial interview: If you pass the initial screening we will be in touch to schedule an initial video interview. The goal of this initial video interview is to learn more about you and what you are looking for. This call is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Medbelle and the role so that we can both evaluate if there is a mutual fit.
- Case study & presentation: If we both want to continue after that then we will send you a brief case study that is related to your role. We would like for you to work on the case study in your own time and prepare a short presentation on it. We will then have another interview with you, where you present your case and we will do an in-depth interview and some additional case work. This should give both of us an opportunity to judge if we can see each other working together over the long term.
- Cultural match interview: Your final conversation will be with one of our founders. It aims to ensure that you will be a great addition to our team and will feel at home here.
- Reference calls: We might ask you for the contact details of some of your prior managers, coworkers, and employees.
We're looking forward to meeting you!
Apply here: https://medbelle.jobs.personio.de/job/269239?_pc=253300#apply
At Medbelle, we are building the digital hospital of the future.
We have redesigned the treatment journey for elective surgeries from scratch to provide a fully-digitised yet personal experience for both patients and providers.
For patients, we are the surgery provider of choice. We work with world-class surgeons and rent operating space from selected facilities to provide patients with the best possible care - with friendly Medbelle personnel on-hand to guide them every step of the way.
For providers, we are the partner they can rely on. We build technology and processes that integrate the entire patient journey, reducing costs and enabling them to fully focus on medical outcomes and patient care.
Our mission is to raise the standard of healthcare and make it accessible to all.
We do this by building a digital hospital that improves secondary care across the quadruple aim: better outcomes, better patient experience, lower costs, and a better provider experience.
As of today, we have provided surgeries to thousands of patients, have a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 92, and are the best-rated medical provider in the UK on Trustpilot (http://bit.ly/medbelle_trustpilot). Our patients regularly tell us how much our work has impacted their life and it’s these heartwarming testimonials that continuously motivate us to give our very best.
We started Medbelle in 2016 and have since assembled a team of doctors, digital experts, nurses, managers and programming boffs.
We are a team of all ages, beliefs, backgrounds and interests; there are musicians, artists, students, fitness fanatics, mothers and fathers.
Everyone is encouraged to fulfil their professional ambitions while making an impact for our patients and working towards a brighter future for healthcare.
- 50 Medbellians
- 21 Nationalities
- 17 Languages
- 2 Office dogs
Alone you go fast, together you go far: We celebrate strong individual performance - but we believe that it is only the first step towards success. Extraordinary results require that talented individuals collaborate, with strong opinions weakly held and with a shared commitment to do whatever is best to achieve our joint mission.
Caring for our patients means caring for our team: Our goal is to make our patients feel cared for and provide them with a safe patient journey. We achieve this best when our team is happy. We want to empower our team members to grow professionally and personally, to maintain a sustainable workload and to be able to take care of their physical and mental wellbeing. This is why we provide perks such as an Urban Sports Club membership (a Berlin-wide gym and sports membership), German Lessons for A1 & A2, a subscription to the Headspace meditation app, a Yoga/Meditation sanctuary in the office, a monthly Personal Development Budget, Quarterly Awards and a Medbelle Library.
Work is best when your colleagues are friends: We spend most of our waking time at work, so we might as well make it quality time. Many of our team members have become good friends and like spending time together during and after work, even after they become Medbelle Alumni. We try to foster this with weekly office brunches, team lunches, Friday beers and quarterly team events.
If this role, our mission, and our culture resonate with you then we would love to hear from you.
We are also open to general applications from extraordinary candidates.
If you want to learn more about us, here are some links to get you started:
Video: What we do - http://bit.ly/medbelle_video
Trustpilot: Best-rated medical provider in the UK - What our patients say - http://bit.ly/medbelle_trustpilot
Glassdoor: What our team members say - http://bit.ly/medbelle_glassdoor
Medbelle on TechCrunch - http://bit.ly/medbelle_techcrunch
Apply for this position: https://medbelle.jobs.personio.de/job/269239?_pc=253300#apply