👩🚀 YOUR MISSION
- As Tech Lead Software Engineering on our very young rocketship, you will be owning the delivery of either a customer project or a significant part of our platform
- You will take ownership of the end-to-end implementation with the clear goal of making each IT delivery a success story
- You will lead distributed teams of (mostly senior) developers across different timezones
- You will be result-oriented and not afraid of making decisions in a fast-paced environment
- You will want to inspire your team members and make sure that the whole implementation is continuously aligned with the product owners
- You work while listening to team members, motivating them and helping them to grow
OUR TECH STACK
- React & React-Native
- Node.js (with Express and Nest.js)
- Typescript, GraphQL, Redux, Next.js, nx. dev
- PGSQL database (via TypeORM), ElasticSearch
- Event Bus based on RabbitMQ
- Google Cloud Platform
🧑🏻🚀 YOUR PROFILE
- Profound experience in software engineering and passion for hands-on coding, proven work experience (ideally in a leadership position)
- 2+ years of relevant experience, ideally in a fast-paced environment
- A positive, can-do attitude with a willingness to learn, strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Well structured and organized, good communicator with excellent English skills
- Seeking the next level and hungry for continuous professional development
ROQ was founded in 2020 by Tim Niemeier and Fabian Wesner. Fabian previously co-founded Spryker Systems, one of the leading commerce solutions in the market. Tim used to be CTO at Rocket Internet & held freelance CTO positions at startups & DAX companies.
ROQ is building a platform that enables customers to quickly realize, launch and scale their web applications. It provides ready-to-use functionality – such as user management, messaging with chats and video calls, booking, scheduling, or subscriptions – which can be reused and adapted in the context of the individual implementation. With ROQ, the team can focus on those parts which really make the difference for their particular business, accelerating time-to-market and reducing costs.
In 2021, ROQ received approx. 9m€ funding to accelerate its vision to the next level. The company is headquartered in the heart of Berlin with a full-remote team located all over the world. We are continuously on the lookout for new ROQstars in Tech, Product, DevOps, Project Management, Finance and HR.
👩🏾🚀Things you need to know about us:
- We work like intrapreneurs: As you'll be joining ROQ at such an early stage, you'll have the chance to work with talented peers with a growth mindset and "getting things done" attitude. Together, we'll build something great from the ground up.
- We are "remote first": While we love being around one another and enjoy the team dynamics, we appreciate the freedom of working from wherever we currently are. Of course, you'll get the IT and (home) office equipment of your choice!
- We share the pioneer spirit: creating an innovative technology no one has ever thought of but everyone in the business will love it once it's there - this gives us goosebumps
- We're the new "cool kid on the block": The press is already convinced that "this is pretty hot". Are you, too?
- We're at the heart of the city: Our offices in Berlin (Prenzlauer Berg) and Munich (Maxvorstadt) are not only stylish and have great coffee, views, and terrace/garden but also centrally located
- We love ROQ but we also love having time for our own yearly travels, hobbies, families and pets: 30 days of paid annual leave allow for all of this.
🏁 Next Steps
Want to join the ride? Please apply through our career portal. Let’s ROQ! 🚀
ROQ Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.