About the job
Do you love testing new ideas throughout the funnel and using data to identify the best growth and conversion strategies to scale and optimize? If you are a skilled growth marketer who’d love to take ownership of our marketing strategy and increase our revenue, we want you on our team
You’re not starting from scratch. We already have a decent amount of traffic, though we have done little to optimize it thus far.
So, your immediate challenge will be to:
1. Improve our CRO
2. Convert more of our existing users into happy paying customers
The long-term objective is to increase our sales, increase brand awareness, refine our positioning and improve customer retention and satisfaction.
Your way of work
You will be a marketing team of one -you’re someone who moves seamlessly from driving marketing strategy to the hands-on nitty-gritty parts of execution.
You will have the freedom to test your ideas to identify what works and what doesn’t, as the core growth tool. That’s why we’re looking for a data-driven marketer.
This is a long-term, part-time (20 hours a week) contract role with the potential to grow down the line.
What you'll do
- Run marketing campaigns and other growth initiatives end-to-end: you will design and run experiments, develop campaign strategy (channels, user acquisition, engagement, etc.) and drive execution of the campaign through to completion.
- Do a deep dive into our marketing and business metrics to understand where we're coming up short, and how we can improve things.
- Analyze data to monitor revenue performance and make timely recommendations.
- Keep tabs on what our competitors are doing to market themselves, and recommend ideas to keep us at the forefront of the industry.
- Conversion rate optimization and A/B testing on our website and within our products (themes and plugins).
- Email marketing engagement and optimization, i.e. nurturing free users to become paying customers, as well as communicating to pro users the value they are getting and optimization of CTAs and other CRO/engagement data.
- Copywriting for our website and theme marketplace listings (e.g. https://athemes.com/theme/sydney/ and https://wordpress.org/themes/sydney)
- Write blog posts announcing new theme updates, product releases and other company news
- Get to know our customers and their pain points through surveys and conversations
- Be the interface between development and marketing. Your job is to 1) get the word out about our products and features and 2) guide development with new ideas for features and products based on your knowledge of the market and customer learnings
- Develop and execute a PR outreach strategy
- Seek out and build strong partnerships with others in our niche
- Identify and test pricing model improvements
- Manage, test and run advertising campaigns (e.g. Facebook ads)
- 2+ years of proven marketing experience, preferably in a software or similar business.
- Determination and successful track record. You love running marketing experiments and optimization and can share results and case studies of successful campaigns you’ve run
- Copywriting skills. You have a way with words and are able to craft copy that resonates with customers through your understanding of their needs
- Creativity, experimentation and execution. You have a keen sense of what works and what doesn’t work and are able to quickly run cheap, iterative tests and validate ideas. What separates you from the rest is that you have a track record of bringing those ideas to life.
- You deeply understand the lifecycle of WordPress users and are excited to uncover more to help aThemes understand how we can better serve our customers (we have surveys and initial customer discovery results to start from)
- Data-driven. You geek out on data and use it to define where you spend your time (where it really matters!)
- The ability to synthesize ideas, data and findings into easily digestible summaries and recommendations for the CEO.
- Solid project management skills: ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional partners, prioritize high impact activities, and keep complex projects moving forward.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics and feedback tools (Google Analytics, HotJar etc)
- Familiarity with and interest in the world of WordPress (themes, plugins, hosting and so on)
- Experience with link building
'The ‘a’ in aThemes stands for Awesome. That’s right—we don’t beat around the bush.
We create well-designed and easy to use WordPress themes, backed by speedy support and frequent updates. We have 100k+ users from around the world. Our blog reaches hundreds of thousands a month with our reviews, roundups, and guides.
Those numbers are growing. Needless to say, we could do with some help. That’s where you come in!
How we work
We are a small, tight-knit team of 10, distributed globally. We don't mind where you work: from home, a co-working space, a coffee shop — wherever you feel the most inspired.
With a flat structure, you’ll work closely with the CEO and team to explore new ideas and run tests to identify the best ones to pursue.
If you see a better way to do something, we’re open to feedback. We don't believe things are set in stone. We want to find the best ideas and go big. We create the space and give you the autonomy to do that.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Growth Marketer? Then we'd love to hear about you!