Do you want to be part of the Mobile revolution and drive digital transformation? Are you passionate about mobile apps? Eager to join a company where personal and professional development are encouraged? We have an opening for an enthusiastic, experienced, innovative Product Designer. Does this sound like you? If so, let’s talk!
At Modo Labs, we are accelerating the path to a unified and unique mobile strategy for enterprise and higher ed institutions. It is our vision, technology, and drive that sets us apart from others when it comes to engaging employees and students in a hyper personalized way. We harness technology to enhance experiences and deepen connections between app users and their community.
This is an exceptional opportunity to have an outsized impact as a design leader. You’ll be a key part of a small design team working on high-visibility initiatives in a successful, well-funded, growing startup. You’ll work in a multidisciplinary environment where you’ll be challenged to learn a lot, embrace complexity, think holistically, share and contribute on many levels, and play an important role in building something amazing.
- Effectively synthesize various requirements from existing functionality, customer input, brainstormed ideas, and direction from senior management
- Work closely with our engineering team throughout the development, implementation, and final release
- Lead in all phases of the design process including user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
- Develop best practices in design, usability, and accessibility across the company and our community
- Set design requirements based on information from internal teams and user research
- 6+ years of professional design experience
- An intuitive eye for customer needs beyond the obvious
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members
- Ability to interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- A well-rounded portfolio of client work, demonstrating a strong understanding of client objectives
- Strong working knowledge of HTML and CSS (we don’t want you to moonlight as a front-end developer, but you need to know enough to effectively work with software engineers)
- Strong understanding of usability and accessibility principles
- Familiarity with software development concepts and processes is a plus (e.g., version control, ticketing systems, Agile methodology)
- Effective at engaging and influencing a variety of audiences
You may be right for this role if
- You are undaunted by steep learning curves and unfazed by complexity
- You can work efficiently on your own but love to collaborate. You’re a team player whom people trust
- Excellent communication visually, verbally, and written
- You want to be part of a diverse, collaborative, multidisciplinary team
Modo Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.