Mechanism Ventures is an early-stage venture firm that funds entrepreneurs and works very closely with them to launch and scale ambitious companies.
In the Mechanism model, we work with entrepreneurs to identify and validate ideas before investment. We then provide the growth expertise to gain early traction as well as the business support to create positive unit economics, profitability, and scale.
The Mechanism team has a track record of investing in and co-founding multiple companies with $100M+ revenue. There is a lot of growth experience and firepower at Mechanism, so this is a great company for someone who is an all-star but also wants to keep pushing themselves.
We are looking for a Paid Media Manager to work across Mechanism. In this role, you will own paid media marketing channels, including Facebook / Instagram Ads, Taboola, and AdWords for multiple portfolio companies. You will work in conjunction with growth and product teams to create, launch, and measure campaigns, and you will implement ongoing campaign optimizations through rigorous A/B testing.
You will be successful in this role if you enjoy scaling and optimizing advertising channels, have a strong analytical background, and have a penchant for continuous growth. You will get to work with multiple portfolio companies from different industries and in different stages of their growth, and you’ll get to see companies grow from 0 to 1 and beyond, playing a critical role in gaining early traction.
While your primary expertise and area of responsibility will be paid media, you also need to be a good growth generalist to succeed. In addition to owning marketing channels, you will work to improve on-site conversion rates, and conduct strategic analyses as new portfolio companies launch and scale.
What to Expect
The rate of learning at early-stage companies is so high that priorities constantly evolve. Thus, being highly adaptable and flexible is key. However, we’d like to share a general idea of the direct impact you could make within the first three months on the team:
What You'll Do
- Create and scale campaigns on Facebook / Instagram Ads, AdWords, Taboola, and other paid media channels.
- Work with designers and product teams to generate new creative to maximize toward return on spend.
- A/B test campaign optimizations.
- Perform analytics to understand the impact of changes.
- Identify new ways to improve advertising channels.
- Prioritize across multiple channels and companies.
- Execute growth strategies as an individual contributor.
- Provide guidance to portfolio companies, stepping in where necessary to course-correct, including - product changes, strategic advice, etc.
- Proven track record of using paid media as a driver of revenue and growth.
- 5+ years of performance marketing experience in AdWords or Facebook.
- Native advertising experience is a huge plus.
- Undergraduate degree in an analytical field.
- General understanding of growth marketing areas outside of paid media, such as copywriting, A/B testing, product, SEO, and retention marketing.
- Combination of creativity and analytical mindset.
- Ability to identify pain points and understand customer behavior.
- Ability to operate autonomously in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment.
- Ability to communicate and work with engineers, designs, and other stakeholders.
- Analytical background with a focus on conversion rates.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Gsuite products (Sheets, Slides, and Docs).
For immediate start. Full-time employees only.
This is a fully remote position. We operate as a distributed team and can work from anywhere.