Palta is a global mobile health&wellbeing ecosystem. Over the last 5 years, Palta has launched such successful companies as Flo (global leader in female health with more than 40 mln MAU), Prisma (app of the year 2016, 150+ mln downloads), Simple (#1 fasting app in the US). Currently, Palta fuels the growth of 9 mobile apps, all focused on the digital health&wellbeing market. More than 600 Palta employees work across Europe in the UK, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Poland, Lithuania, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and other countries.
Zing.coach, a newly founded Health & Fitness startup in Palta ecosystem, is looking for a Head of Engineering.
You will work on challenging projects both, from a product and technical perspective. Hence, you will manage a product, but still will be involved in building, testing, and deploying ML models together with a team of developers.
Zing Coach is built on top of a custom chatbot engine and a set of recommender systems. As a company, we aim at improving our technology by building a better platform that helps our users to exercise better and achieve their health goals.
You'll contribute by:
We expect that you have:
- Taking ownership of our backend platform and software delivery process,
- Experimenting with the latest cloud-native technologies to ensure a state-of-the-art (way of working),
- Overseeing the development and deployment of predictive machine learning models,
- Data manipulation and orchestration,
- Integrating external data sources and best-in-class 3rd-party technologies,
- Configuring CI/CD,
- Be a part of Agile-based and distributed team (Munich/Warsaw/Kiev),
- Be a part of Palta's community of engineers (talents from MSQRD, Prisma Labs, Flo Health, VOIR, wannaby, etc.),
- Bring own ideas to shape the future of Zing AI Fitness Coach.
- 5+ years of professional work experience in software engineering,
- Profound experience in working with popular Python frameworks (Django, AsyncIO),
- Working experience with PostgreSQL ( or other RDBMS),
- Knowledge of CI/CD,
- Self-starter who can take ownership of projects from concept to release,
- English B2+.
Why working at Zing is awesome:
- Preferably, a degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering or a related field,
- Highly interested in a fast-paced software development environment,
- Passion for learning new things and continuous improvement,
- Passionate about Health&Fitness.
- Own product,
- Be part of the fastest growing fitness and lifestyle startup,
- Stock options of the well-funded startup,
- High compensation,
- Opportunities for rapid career development in a hyper-growth startup,
- Excellent work environment: the company is small enough to be person-oriented,
- Work-life balance to suit everyone: flexible working hours, loyal sick leave policy,
- English speaking environment,
- Team meetings in Munich / Warsaw.