Hey 👋 Zoë here from the Contra team! I am excited to announce that we are growing our community team. At Contra, our number one priority is ensuring that we are providing everything an independent/freelancer would need to successfully own their independent journey from A-Z. The community team is a key part of how we share these resources and support with our growing global community.
About the role
Contra is transforming the future of independent work. We are looking for a Community Operator to join our fast growing community team and help us build the best community for independents.
You will be responsible for developing our community content strategy, actively responding to community support questions and running our ambassador bootcamp programs. You'll be wearing many different hats in this role
How you’ll make an impact:
- Goal driven with community initiatives and responsibilities
- Work closely with team members across our community, marketing/social, product/research and operations teams to understand our user and team needs.
- Create organized, scalable systems that are thinking into the future.
- Identify systems that can be improved and create a game plan of how to implement changes.
- Engaging with independents across the world in our community slack
You’ll be successful here if you:
- Thrive in a remote-first environment
- Have prior experience working independently (nice to have)
- Are motivated by having autonomy, flexibility and end-to-end ownership
- Passionate about bringing communities together and helping users better understand a product
- You are an A+ communicator (both verbal + written) that has a strong track record in creating alignment across stakeholders
- Are located in a timezone within 3 hours of San Francisco
How Contra can add value for you:
- Remote-first culture
- Health benefits for all team members
- Well-funded company built to scale
- Competitive salary + equity
- Generous vacation policy + paid holidays off
- Flexible parental leave
- No Meeting Wednesdays
- Half day every third Friday of the month
- Themed meetings, games, and other fun team-bonding activities
- A custom slack emoji, just for you
Our interview process
- Complete a self-assessment form (10-15 minutes)
- Interview w/ Zoë (30-45 minutes)
- Interview w/ Madi + Sam (30-45 minutes)
- Interview with Founders (30 minutes)
- You will receive a final answer from Contra no later than 48 hours after your final interview