Ready to work without a boss? Ready to work from wherever you want, after a Berlin based on-boarding process? Ready to go tech to the future and share an office with a delorean time-machine? At Resourceful Humans we are so out of the box, we forgot where we put the damn box. We are an award winning technology company creating bleeding edge performance management software to visualize companies as instead of hierarchies. In our free-time we also create kick-ass VR video games based on the adventures of great leaders.
Now we are looking for a courageous Front End Architect who will lead our existing code into its mastered version. You will be in charge of encouraging and guiding the FE crew on its way to optimize a multiplatform application with scalability, maintainability and robustness as priorities. You will set the workflows for your crew that guarantee everyone uses the same tooling and follows code standards and style guides. Afterwards, you and the FE crew will be able to research and experiment at the intersection between gaming and management. Analysis and building of UI Pattern Libraries (Design Systems, UI Kits, etc.) will be part of your daily work.
In our team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the improvement of an already existing React-based code through optimizing its structure
- Lead FE code’s decisions and reviews with your teammates at a multiplatform app (mobile and desktop).
- Evaluate new frameworks and tools that can be integrated into our applications without breaking previous implementations (for Ex.: Redux, React Native, VueJs, Vuex).
- Run performance tests and solve issues as they appear.
- Run scanners to ensure the application you are building is secure and doesn’t have vulnerabilities or bugs.
- Solve complex CSS and HTML compatibility issues in legacy browsers.
- Generate documentation about UI architecture and interactions with the API through GraphQL.
- Run reviews to guarantee the structure and design of the applications follow the standards and guidelines.
- Optimise logic-less templates using Front-end Template Engines.
- Document and assist in defining the functional and technical requirements of different applications.
- Implement front-end development workflows: building systems, dependency management, quality checkers (linting).
To be a successful member in our crew, you’ll need:
- UX/UI sensibility: using technical abilities and creativity to design and develop exceptional interfaces.
- Passionate about programming from a purely scientific skill into an art.
- Communication skills: clearly communicate complex ideas and proposals.
- Understanding problems clearly, breaking them down and proposing solutions.
- Working out loud.
- Critical thinking style: deconstruct a problem into its base components and figure out the most effective way to solve it.
- Learning as an ongoing process: challenging yourself to learn new skills, languages, and technologies.
- Team player: Efficient and effective collaboration with other team members, always keeping teamwork in mind while coding.
- Effective time and task management: Able to organize and set priorities accordingly, in order to estimate and meet the deadlines that you will set.
- To be tolerant working with family-run businesses (crazy founders).
- To care and think of others first.
- Be Fascinated about AI, VR, and Data Visualisation.
You will need experience on cleaning, optimizing and re-structuring already existent code. Awesome mobile & desktop projects and several years of experience working with web development apps would be appreciated. Down and dirty, you will need experience developing with:
Tooling / Workflow
- Data management: Redux or Vuex
- Data visualization: D3.js
- An interest in three.js and VR web applications. These will be the next steps in our products.
- Experience in migration from Cordova to React Native (Desirable)
- HTML5, CSS(LESS/SASS and/or Bootstrap).
- Responsive Web Design and Development (includes device debugging).
- Accessibility: WCAG 2.0 AA and AAA. Section 508.
- Performance optimization and debugging.
- Git and social coding platforms (Github, Gitlab).
- Gulp and Webpack: configuration and running custom tasks.
- npm and yarn: configuration.
- Package management: npm, yarn.
- Testing: unit testing, e2e testing, integration testing.
- Component-based development and integration.
- Performance driven development.
Resourceful Humans is an award winning hybrid technology / consulting company founded by Angela Maus and Heiko Fischer in 2011. The main office is located in Berlin, Germany with outposts in Serbia. Resourceful Humans is dedicated to enabling companies and teams to abandon hierarchy, politics & bureaucracy and work as smart, entrepreneurial networks. The company’s goal is to provide individuals in organizations with intuitive digital workout tools for performance, feedback and meeting management. It won the prestigious HR Excellence Award as Innovation of the Year for democratizing Haufe umantis, as well as being praised by global Business Gurus Gary Hamel and David Marquet as THE way to create leaders at every level. With the DIVE, a VR experience RH is providing a worldwide unique training format that brings people and change management to the next era.