CareerFoundry is helping people build a career they love through immersive online courses and career services in UX and UI Design, Web Development, and Data Analytics. Our 100% online, flexible, mentor-driven courses are setting the standard for globally accessible technical education.
About the Writer/Reviewer role:
You’ll be contracted for 3-4 months to write (writer role) or review (reviewer role) a long-form Web Development specialization course focusing on cloud computing with Amazon Web Services (AWS). Our skill-targeting specialization courses serve as optional extras to our standard Web Development Program or standalone courses for learners interested in a highly specific skill set.
With the support of our curriculum design team, you’ll help create an engaging, challenging, and immersive online course for learners interested in cloud computing and cloud computing services like AWS. The course itself consists mainly of text-based Exercises supported by hands-on project work, supplemented by images, video, and links to additional resources for further learning.
What you’ll be doing:
With the support of CareerFoundry's Education team, you’ll…
What’s in it for you:
- Write or review (depending on your role) the course content, as well as project prompts for student portfolios and related tasks
- Source or create images and visualizations to support lessons and hands-on projects
- Work closely with our curriculum designers and other subject matter experts to ensure course quality and engagement
Apart from working independently and remotely while combining your creative and technical skills, there’s also:
What we’re looking for:
- Generous compensation and flexible working hours
- A possible rolling contract on course updates and student mentoring
The subject matter expert we’re looking for is an experienced full-stack web developer, with:
- High proficiency level with spoken and written English
- An up-to-date portfolio and 2-4 years of full-stack web development experience
- 2-3 years of experience in cloud computing and Amazon Web Services, especially AWS EC2, S3, RDS, IAM, CLI, VPC, etc. (experience with other cloud services, like Google Cloud or Azure, is a plus)
- Good writing skills, and a strong interest in instructional and beginner-level writing
- Teaching or mentoring experience
- Experience collaborating with a remote team
- Openness to queries, feedback, and regular communication