Curiosity is a full-service strategic 360-degree advertising and communications agency with national scope and national clients. We are driving our clients’ growth by uncovering a rich understanding of how our target consumers interact, contribute to and share within the interactive space.
Curiosity provides clients with full-service communications solutions, including
interactive and traditional campaign development. We are an agency filled with
inquisitive, passionate, innovative marketers, designers, brand strategists,
copywriters and programmers who give our clients a superior experience based
on blending insights, energy, creativity and intuition to create unforgettable
campaigns and client results.
The Account Supervisor is responsible for maintaining key client relationships,
the development and execution of client communications initiatives, oversight of
general account service activities, and the ability to bring new thinking to
Critical Skills/Traits: To be a successful Account Supervisor at Curiosity, an
AS must possess exceptional communication skills, both orally and in writing.
They must also possess superior interpersonal skills and be able to create a
rapport with people of all demographics. They must be polished, maintaining a
professional, put-together demeanor. They have to be incredibly confident,
ambitious and self-motivated. They should thrive when working independently.
They should be a keen listener. They should have strong organizational skills
and the ability to multi-task and manage pressure situations. They need strong
attention to detail and project documentation.
They must possess the ability to bring fresh thinking and curiosity to clients to
make them think about their brand in an entirely different way, and must have a
passion for pushing the boundaries of knowledge gathering and testing new
mediums to reach our targets. They must fit into a culture of self-motivation,
quest for learning and team collaboration, while expressing a curiosity that
pushes the boundaries on traditional thinking.
They will need the ability to manage communications development initiatives,
inclusive of digital advertising and traditional advertising, knowledge of media
plans, promotional plans and interactive plans in concert with traditional
communications plans and budget management. The position will require
implementation and project management expertise for all project components. In
addition, candidate will be responsible for building knowledge on existing and
emerging communications tools and tactics, industry practices and trends, as
well as becoming immersed in the clients’ business and category.
#1 Priority: Develop current business relationships and ensure client satisfaction
by acting as a liaison between the client and agency staff to provide clear
communication between the two.
Provide a plan and determine a target market for clients’ advertising campaign
suited to clients’ needs and goals, after doing extensive research, based on
information supplied by the client. Become thoroughly familiar with the clients’
product. Working with internal staff, start developing the overall creative concept
that will be used to promote the product or service.
Implement client initiatives while gaining increased knowledge of and exposure to
the planning and client-management side of the business. This involves drafting
high-quality client materials and presentations, conducting a variety of media
relations activities, and performing other outreach activities as described in the
clients’ communications plan or scope of work.
As with all members of the Curiosity team, Account Supervisors are expected to
follow the policies described in the Curiosity Employee Handbook, attend
appropriate client and internal meetings, and conduct themselves in a
professional manner at all times while working to instill a positive work
environment at Curiosity.
Tasks will include the following:
• Liaising with, and acting as the link between, the client and advertising agency by
maintaining regular contact with both, ensuring that communication flows effectively.
• Proactively contribute ideas to projects.
• Make recommendations re how to improve a project
• Work with team to effectively complete scope of work that is top quality, but also within
the terms of the contract
• Attend classes or seminars as appropriate
• Consistently demonstrate ability to successfully move into problem-solving mode
whenever challenges or concerns arise
• Work well with and demonstrate respect for colleagues at all levels and consistently
contribute to a positive work environment
• Demonstrate ability to work with traffic to help prioritize workload
• Seek help from manager if overall workload exceeds regular work
• Understand scope of work of the projects working on well enough to answer questions
about the project posed by firm management or other colleagues
• Presenting, alongside agency creatives, the campaign ideas and budget to the client
• Be able to tag-team with senior staff as needed
• Build strong relationships with brand and marketing managers, by leading the
communications planning process and development
• Meet and liaison with clients to discuss and identify their advertising requirements
• Sit in on new business meetings with senior staff and follow up with an internal memo of
ideas that can be incorporated into the proposal
• Participate in planning meetings with clients and contribute ideas to the overall strategy
and ultimate client delivery
• Demonstrate master pitching skills as well as ability to understand what type of media the
client needs and ability to secure those outlets
• Continue to hone client management and communications strategy skills
• Demonstrate increased skills in client service arena by receiving positive feedback from
• Provide coaching/sound strategic advice to clients that results in these clients meeting
their goals and advancing their issues
• Represent Curiosity at industry or potential new business functions and begin cultivating
contacts for Curiosity
Communication and Process
• Write error-free memos and other deliverables that can go to client with minimal revision
• Screen and interview employee candidates
• Draft major components of strategic communications plans that can be incorporated into
client deliverable with minimal changes
• Demonstrate outstanding copy editing and writing skills
• Demonstrate outstanding judgment and flexibility and superior client service skills as
demonstrated by frequent, unsolicited, positive feedback from client
• Create and manage work plans that meet terms of contract
• Write client/contact reports
• Monitor the effectiveness of campaigns
Financial and Administrative
• Work with traffic manager to create project estimates
• Monitor project costs on a weekly basis
• Work with the Accounting Manager to make sure clients are billed on a timely basis
• Submit expense reimbursement forms as appropriate
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of six years of relevant experience
o Including web, interactive marketing and social media campaigns
• Must demonstrate outstanding writing and editing skills.
• Demonstrated public speaking skills are preferred.
• Candidate is a highly motivated self-starter who takes direction well, but also can also
• Thrives on variety and can shift direction seamlessly.
• Although promotions are based on a variety of factors, in general, an individual will
successfully serve as an Account Supervisor for a minimum of two years before being
considered for promotion.
This position reports to the Director of Client Service.