At CEL, we foster a culture which persistently strives for individual excellence. We are committed to supporting employees in their aspirations for career growth and development.
You Can Make a Difference…
in a smaller and growing company, you have MORE opportunities to promote your ideas and wear cross-functional hats. Your contributions can directly impact company goals. Explore new possibilities, drive change - Be a part of building CEL’s future together!
In a Great Place To Work…
Management practices that promote two-way structured employee-manager feedback, Along with an open-door and transparent communication philosophy, People who take pride in the quality of their work, their team, and their customer service. And a commitment to provide a healthy work/life balance culture.
Where You Will Be Rewarded For Great Results!
Competitive base pay commensurate with skill, experience, and contribution. Variable compensation available – to reward high performance and reinforce personal accountability. Take ownership by participating in the employee stock ownership (ESOP) Plan. Large company benefits and stability, in a smaller company environment that has over six decades of history.
If you Share the same values…
Join us! At CEL, we foster a culture which persistently strives for quality teamwork and individual excellence. California Eastern Laboratories offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, life/AD&D/short term and long term disability insurance, 401(k) plan, and participation in an employee stock ownership program (ESOP). We believe in our engineers and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we’ll empower you to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
- Decidedly uncorporate
- A small team of experienced engineers located in both Milwuakee and Boulder
- Always thinking outside the box (what box? ;))
- Flexible with hours
We are looking for…
An Junior Embedded Wireless Systems Engineer. Be part of a team to conceive, design, develop, and test embedded modules, hardware, and software solutions. This role will focus on the development of hardware based wireless products, assuming responsibility for product design, development, and software using embedded systems for the industrial, commercial, IoT, and B2B markets. We are only accepting candidates local to Milwaukee, WI or the Denver/Boulder, CO areas.
This job description is just a starting place!
We’re a small company - we don’t have rigid roles, and we have a lot to do…
We can help you grow wherever your interests take you.
This position is a good fit if you are:
- A Self starter who is self managed and adapts to changes easily
- Independent, organized, self disciplined, motivated, and have a desire to learn
- Able to collaborate and communicate across functional teams
- Effective and confident in decision making and problem solving skills
- Into moving quickly and breaking things (responsibly)
- Working "hands on" and getting your hands dirty
- Creative, with a strong desire to learn
What You Need For Success
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated ability to work in a remote + local team environment (we use Slack, Skype, Email, etc)
- Ability to analyze defects, identify root causes, and implement corrective actions
- Experience with RF system and board level design with a working knowledge of RF architecture
An understanding of concepts such as:
- RF design techniques and constraints including RF matching for optimal transmitter and receiver performance.
- Place and route constraints for both RF and high speed digital design
- Clock distribution
- Power distribution
- PCB material selection, board stackup design and impedance control
- Signal termination techniques
- EMI control and reduction
- Thermal design
CAD/CAE tools: PADS schematic capture and layout, Fusion 360, or Inventor
- LabVIEW (or other automation) software development experience desired
- Will work with Senior RF Engineers to perform RF module/system implementation throughout a product design cycle.
- "Hands on" soldering skills down to the 0201 size chip components for prototype assembly and testing.
- Part selection, prototyping, factory bring up, testing, lab bench debug, and root cause anaylsis.
- Knowledge in wireless communication standards, modulation/demodulation, Digital signal processing
- Understanding RF/microwave fundamentals and Electromagnetic theory
- Understanding of module building blocks, including Power Amplifiers, LNAs, RF Switches, Filters, Flash Memory, etc
- Background with wireless networking protocols like ZigBee, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc
- Provide support and debug capabilities to customers over call and email
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Bonus points for…
- Experience in characterizing and improving wireless performance a plus
- Experience using logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, and function generators a plus.
- Experience with various protocols like I2C, UART, SPI, USB, GPIO, RS232, RS485 etc a plus
- Working with and optimizing embedded software for wireless stack
- Be familiar with Git, software design and development methodology, development processes
- Experience in embedded system development using Linux, RTOS, GCC, IAR on x86, ARM, MIPS or PPC architectures
- Experience using frameworks and build systems
- Programming capabilities in one or more languages
- Hands on experience in using development tools (like IDEs, Emulators, analyzers) and debugging of real-time issues.
- Knowledge of Linux and Linux Kernel development - including device drivers, board support packages
- Code development tools (emulators, debuggers & trace, version control systems, compilers, linkers)
- FTDI, J-Link, other debuggers
- Good scripting language skills (ex: LUA, Python, Bash, Makefiles, etc)
- Experience in U-Boot, OpenWRT, Yocto Linux development
If you’re interested in joining the CEL Engineering Team, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]