Join the team bringing fun back into the workplace through innovative products.
We’re Speks – a Brooklyn-based design company focused on creating fun, adult products for the office and beyond. We’re on the move and looking for talented people to join the team and help us expand.
We’re currently seeking an experienced, full-time Industrial Designer to lead our product design efforts. We have many products at various stages of the development pipeline and ambitions to launch products in new categories in the next 12 months.
About the role:
- Develop creative and innovative product concepts and designs under the Speks brand.
- Liaison with overseas manufacturing partners to turn prototypes and designs into manufacturable products.
- Work with an existing network of inventors to develop licensed concepts.
- Responsible for the design process of new products, product extensions, improvements and modifications of existing product lines.
- Develop and drive color, finishes and materials.
- Produce and review prototypes and to execute needed refinements.
- Create and update design guidelines, sample libraries and product mood boards.
- 5+ years of experience as an industrial designer.
- Experience in sourcing new manufacturing partners and working with existing factories to turn prototypes into manufacturable products.
- Incredible 2D skills like hand sketching, Illustrator and Photoshop rendering.
- Equally proficient in 3D CAD programs (Rhino, SolidWorks, ProE or similar).
- A collaborative team player with a proven ability to advance early stage projects and concepts in the absence of refined criteria.
- Ability to turn rough concepts into desirable, viable and feasible design results
= Experience in package design is a plus.
This is a full-time role in our bright office in DUMBO and comes with benefits, 401k and a kitchen full of snacks and Diet Coke.
Please send a resume, cover letter, portfolio and one interesting fact about yourself that isn't on either of those. We’re hiring right away and are excited to hear from you!
See more of us at http://www.getspeks.com and http://www.instagram.com/getspeks.