What you'll do
We are looking for an experienced Backend-End Engineer to join our international tech team, with a passion for creating beautiful and easy to use APIs and solving interesting problems. As a key member of our team you will have the chance to make a direct impact to the business by helping shape the direction of our technology architecture and contributing to our back-end development processes.
Our backend is based on PHP with the Symfony 5 MVC framework & the Sylius e-commerce framework and we utilize a cloud-based infrastructure in Heroku and AWS. We love microservices, agile development and experimenting with new technologies.
- Building new product features for both our customers and our operations team
- Work closely with designers and frontend engineers in order to create innovative and usable solutions
- Helping shape the technical direction - we are still a young company, and your choices will become the building blocks of our infrastructure
We are looking for someone with:
- 3+ years of backend programming experience in PHP, Python, Ruby or similar and at least one object oriented web framework (preferably but not necessarily Symfony, Laravel or Zend)
- Good working knowledge of at least one version control software (Git, SVN, Mercurial etc.)
- Good working knowledge of automated testing frameworks such as phpunit
- Strong focus on performance and building efficient and scalable solutions
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Generous stock option plan
- Ownership of goals and a direct impact to the business
- A fun and friendly working environment with sharp and motivated co-workers
- Join in the early stages of one of the most promising startups in the wellness space
This is a full time permanent contractor position.