The Staff Graphic Designer researches, visualizes, and executes our Graphics & Branding team’s projects, as they are assigned. This work is done through reference gathering, industry trend analysis, ideation sketching, digital visualization techniques, web design and coding, print and other production methods, UI/UX development, and vendor sourcing. This position supports fellow staff and junior GD team members when individuals are struggling with their work, or would benefit from outside perspective or training on technique, visual language, or design execution.
This role requires proficiency and prior experience in the technical, interpersonal, and communication skills required to produce top- quality work in our industry. Direction will be received from our Creative Director and senior team members on industry trends, emergent techniques and software, and best practices in Graphic Design.
About Laut Design
We offer competitive salaries, full benefits, a flexible work schedule, generous PTO, and a strong commitment to work life balance. We are an energetic, close-knit, fun-loving team that works hard but still enjoys getting together for game night or beers on the rooftop. We have a "dogs welcome" office policy and other perks we'd love to tell you more about!
• Contribution to the achievement of the company’s strategic and operational objectives
• A practical understanding of project requirements and their translation into design intent
• Creative project execution
• Coordination with internal team members, contractors, vendors, and other industry partners
• Proficiency in design research, user profiling, and reference collection
• Proficiency in front end web design and backend web coding
• Proficiency in ideation sketching and other visualization techniques
• Proficiency in graphics industry software
• Excellent organizational habits and abilities and the capacity to manage a heavy workload
• Interest and desire to mentor and guide others
• Aptitude in on-the-fly decision-making and problem-solving
• Participation in general office tasks such as scheduling, organization, filing, clean-up, phone calls, and email correspondence
• Participation in travel for client meetings, industry events, and company outings