Hi there!! We are looking for a Developer Success Engineer, who will help our customers with their technical challenges. We at GraphCMS have innovative, passionate and committed people working together to build the most advanced content management system on the market. GraphCMS is trusted by an enthusiastic community of over 40,000 teams delivering millions of digital experiences worldwide, and is a strong content infrastructure that powers the applications of global brands like Unilever, Discovery and Shure.
We are focused on developer-centric product adoption with an enterprise offering, and most of our efforts on the user facing side are to empower developers to build their best with a modern stack. At GraphCMS you will be part of a vibrant community of GraphQL enthusiasts.
Purpose of your Team and Role
We’re looking for a strong web developer with a passion to help customers through their technical challenges. As a part of the Developer Relations team, you will own the discipline of helping our professional users and customers with making sound architectural decisions when working with GraphCMS. You will take a consultative approach to offer the best solutions to users, be actively involved in the pre-sales process, as well as continue to offer guidance in the on-boarding phase.
You will work in the intersection of the user-facing organisation and the product/ engineering teams. The success of our customers' developer teams is your primary focus and you will help them to reach their goals.
What you will be working on
- Working with our customers from end-to-end: Be a trusted technical advisor to customers (ex. software teams, technology leadership) by providing product knowledge, addressing technical questions and providing solution approaches during the pre-sales, on-boarding, and retention cycle. Be it the initial GraphCMS setup, choice of frontend, or 3rd party tool integrations.
- Supporting the customer journey in the sales process: You will guide the commercial teams in showcasing developer functionality to customers as well as how modern technical frameworks work together with GraphCMS. You will lead the technical communication with external stakeholders as part of our sales process.
- Develop extensions and demos for specific use-cases (may be open sourced): You will own the references of enterprise demos and solutions from end-to-end. This might involve making “full-stack” websites and applications (Content, frontend(s), repos, and deploys that can be cloned publicly) to share as part of the sales process. All this can be open sourced and shared with the wider community as well.
What we expect from you
- Identify improvement opportunities in our customer engagement and be “customer zero” when working with our Product and APIs: You will be expected to own the feedback loop between customer discussions and Product - taking feedback from conversations into influencing the product delivery and roadmap as a trusted liaison between the teams.
- Content Creation and Education: You are encouraged to use your knowledge and expertise to write technical content (blog posts, tutorials, guides, live streams, code examples etc.) for GraphCMS to be published on owned platforms, as well as on external platforms like Dev.to, Smashing Magazine, etc. The focus is on how various modern languages and frameworks empower the developers in building projects. You can do the same off-brand for external audiences not related to GraphCMS directly.
Working at GraphCMS
- Several years of experience as a Frontend developer, and are ideally well versed in technical architectures, APIs, Federation, and Microservices.
- Well versed in enterprise content architecture, modelling and structured content.
- High proficiency with leading stacks and frameworks, including Jamstack and GraphQL.
- Experience working with with Headless CMS, and well versed in applying Headless CMS to multiple use cases (marketing websites, content databases and content federation).
- Efficient with several of the core languages and frameworks we use within GraphCMS for creating content around, such as TypeScript, Next.js, GraphQL, React, Vue, Nuxt.js, and Gatsby, to name a few.
- Deep understanding of deployment approaches and continuous integration.
- Comfortable taking ownership of building “complete products” as reference applications and demos, which will be made open source.
- Ability to learn quickly and keep up to date with the latest changes in the industry.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, preferably with a fluency in English.
- Some level of creative proficiency in modelling and creating content to accommodate requests on the fly and/or within calls is a plus.
- Experience working for a developer-focused company in the CMS/API space and understanding working with an API-led product is a huge plus.
- Good understanding of the differences and implications in stack choices between organisations of all scales is a plus.
- We have a low-ego environment where all our team members are empathetic, always understanding and ready to support each other.
- Our “manager of one” work style enables a workplace that is run through trust and empowers people to perform their best.
- Our team members are super passionate about our product and self motivation is the driving factor for our teams' success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are, and work together with individual responsibility and accountability. A flexible work environment encourages people to work according to what works best for them and maintain a good work life balance.
- We are an international and friendly team spread across 9 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
- We provide a competitive compensation package, latest IT equipment, and a personal growth & education package.
Please expect the following steps for this role after you apply. The response time is usually within 1 week for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
GraphCMS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We believe that diversity, unique backgrounds, qualities, and different cultures enriches the productivity at our work space and also promotes innovation and creativity.
- Intro call with People Manager and Hiring Manager
- Interview with Hiring Manager(s)/ Mini case study or assignment if applicable
- Team-fit conversation