We’re seeking a Marketing and Events Manager to help make House of Kaizen a better place to work and a place that works better while building a community of subscription growth professionals.
Subscription businesses require subscriber-specific marketing expertise to acquire and retain customers for sustainable growth. As a dedicated subscriber growth firm, House of Kaizen develops and executes subscriber experience optimization programs that drive commercial growth for some of the world’s best subscription brands.
We’re headquartered in New York City but the best talent comes from many places, and much of our team works from home with some travel. Our Marketing & Events Manager can live anywhere in the United States and will report to a Founding Partner based in the Greater Boston area.
- Brand Management
- Strengthen & grow awareness of the HoK brand
- Sharpen the House of Kaizen market positioning
- B2B Prospect pipeline development, Client & Staff engagement
- Appeal to prospective & current, clients & employees with content that demonstrates our unique subscription growth expertise
- Events, in-person and remote/virtual
- Conference and event sponsorships with high concentration of subscription businesses
- HoK-hosted conferences, private events, etc to engage key audiences
- Strategy optimization
- Develop and maintain strategic documents, plans, calendars
- Use data to demonstrate performance against plans and related goals, adapt plans for sustained growth
- Collaborate with internal & external teams, manage the ideation, development and production of content assets to support the strategy deployed through owned, earned and paid marketing activities. Including ads, videos, signage, brochures, whitepapers, presentations, conference booths, etc.
- Corporate identities
- Maintain design and copy assets for all HoK and related brands
- Maintain & optimize with strong understanding of SEO, CX & UX, high quality design & copy principles
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to develop site enhancements including CX, UX, design and copy elements
- Owned social
- Maintain HoK social accounts on Linkedin, Youtube and others
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to develop and produce content for social platforms
- Sponsored media opportunities
- Collaborate with internal teams and external publishers to identify, plan and execute paid advertising, PR or other events.
Industry Event Strategy, Planning & Hosting
- Develop an approach to conferences, development and networking events for subscription growth professionals that generates sustainable revenue and prospective client connections for House of Kaizen
- Events ROI, partnerships strategy, prospect pipeline support
- Pre-event planning
- Event Content Strategy
- Source, interview, evaluate vendors and venues
- Develop event design structure and components including website and registration process
- Serve as the primary point of contact communicating plans, setting expectations, providing guidance and answering questions for all event stakeholders - attendees, content contributors, vendors, sponsors, staff, etc.
- Event Execution
- Manage virtual or on-site logistics from set-up to tear-down - travel required
- Represent HoK’s brand and proposition per the specific event type
- Serve as the primary point of contact managing and providing guidance for all event stakeholders - attendees, vendors, sponsors, staff, etc.
- Post-event Follow Up
- Ensure that leads make their way into our sales pipeline and ongoing marketing programs as appropriate
- Report on event ROI performance and identify opportunities for future event optimizations
- Several years experience in b2b marketing and events planning & management
- Prior remote working experience
- Prior DEIJ training/experience
- Ability to figure out which content and/or events are working and how to create more of it
- Self-driven, self-starter who loves taking initiative, work collaboratively and seeing things through to high-quality completion
- Great communication skills - we’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear written communication is a must.
- Excellent in-person client interaction, friendly, supportive and not afraid to strike up conversations with people
- Curiosity and the desire to learn as we adapt and grow -- and to share that learning with the wider team
- Experience with social media platforms suitable for b2b marketing
- Experience writing short and/or long-form content for articles and scripts for audio & video
- Experience managing and collaborating with creative teams, some use of Adobe Creative Suite, Figma
- Experience with website CMS editing and management - Typeform, specifically
- Strong understanding of SEO, experience with tools like SEMRush and Google Analytics
- Ability to travel - Amount and location depend on meetings, event schedule and all team gatherings but we estimate 20-30 days of travel per year, typically by plane.
- Salary of $60k - $80k
- Nationally recognized corporate culture based upon responsibility, autonomy and flexibility
- Excellent benefits options, healthcare, 401k plan with match after 3 months of employment.
- Flexibility of working in-office, from home or wherever and whenever you do your best work
- Generous paid time off – 3 weeks your first year and up to 6 weeks per year based on tenure. 9 or more additional paid holidays per year.
How to Apply
Please share at least two examples of your work, tell us about the strategy for each and how it supported the business goals? Please include any links, images and documents to best demonstrate your work:
- One b2b marketing campaign
- One event where you contributed to the strategy, development and technical execution.