Foh&boh is searching for a Software Engineer to join our technical team. The position will be responsible for building and maintaining our core platform, including software development, deployment, and integration with third-party applications. Our stack includes a React front end and Django back end, is deployed to AWS via Github Actions, and integrates with modern, best-in-class third-party tools and services like Stripe, Sendbird, and Segment. We encourage you to apply if you have experience in any of these areas, not necessarily all of them.
We are a small, highly collaborative technology team with shared passions for learning, Open Source, and the technology communities around both. Pair programming and test-driven development are common. While this role will skew towards front end development, everyone on the technology team touches every part of the stack.
- Take an MVP development approach allowing for hypothesis testing before feature optimization: make it work, make it right, make it fast
- Attend weekly grooming sessions to plan work (2 week sprints)
- Communicate platform improvements via regular team demos
- Respond to incidents as a part of our on-call rotation
- Bring detailed designs in Figma to life
- Write and maintain unit and end-to-end tests
- 2+ years experience in software development using technologies related to our stack
- A thorough understanding of version control via Git
- Experience responding and tracking bugs with tools like Sentry or similar software
- An eagerness to learn, ask questions, and grow your skill set
- Front end: React, React Hooks, React Native for Web, Styled Components (CSS-in-JS), Apollo (GraphQL), Typescript, SSR via Express
- Backend: Django, SQL databases, Graphene, Django REST Framework
- Continuous Integration: Github Actions, Cypress, AWS Lambda
- Integrations: Stripe, Sendbird, Segment