At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
As a Sr. Mobile Engineer, you will help our team build the new products that empower users to quickly find the information they need on their construction projects.
We are a dedicated, light-hearted team with a passion for what we do. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. If you’re product-minded, you’ll enjoy contributing to real life problems while growing your skills and career.
What you’ll do
- Build valuable app experiences that will reach millions of AEC users globally.
- Contribute to the architecture, design, and implementation of Bluebeam’s customer-facing mobile applications.
- Build reusable iOS components that interface with our back-end platforms.
- Implement new product features, add enhancements to existing features, and provide production support coverage to evaluate and fix bugs.
- Work closely with other specialists, including engineers, product managers, and designers, to rapidly iterate on product requirements and UX/UI designs, evaluate scope, understand and communicate trade-offs.
- Help understand user impact and provide timely responses to support requests and incidents.
- Continuously provide mentorship and guidance to team members.
- Analyze and optimize UI and infrastructure application code for quality, efficiency, and performance.
Requisite Qualifications and Skills
- Expert-level proficiency in Swift (Structs, Optionals, UIKit, CoreData, Protocol-oriented programming, Networking, Instruments)
- Expert-level knowledge of iOS memory management, Parallelism, Thread Pooling
- Expert-level understanding of CS fundamentals
- Working knowledge of Objective-C
- Hands-on knowledge of cloud databases such as Firebase
- Hands-on knowledge mobile app development workflows and web infrastructure
- Hands-on knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Hands-on knowledge with integrating open-source toolkits and frameworks
- Good problem-solving, analytical thinking capabilities, and exceptional attention to details
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- 7+ years of professional experience building complex applications for native iOS applications (Swift)
- Hands-on experience in setting up Build tools & CI pipelines
- Demonstrated expertise in selecting and using open source and third-party libraries (including managing licensing)
- Demonstrated experience driving change within an organization and leading complex technical projects
- Experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit testing techniques
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
What we'd love to see in you
- Outcome-oriented problem solver
- Continuous learner and improver
- Agile, versatile, adaptable
What we offer
- People-focused, entrepreneurial start-up culture with the backing of a stable, global, corporate entity - Nemetschek
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- With our rapid global expansion, you will have the opportunity for continuous professional development
- The opportunity to create real impact on a global organization in a growing industry
- Flexible remote schedule
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 1.6 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.