At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
We build tools that empower our customers in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) industry to change the way our world is built. Like many industries, our customers' work is increasingly on the go, and they expect modern web experiences. In this role, you will help architect, design, and build valuable solutions for millions of users.
What you’ll do
- Build valuable app experiences that will reach millions of AEC users globally.
- Contribute to the architecture, design, and implementation of Bluebeam’s customer-facing web applications.
- Build reusable components that interface with our back-end platforms.
- Implement new product features, add enhancements to existing features, and provide production support coverage to evaluate and fix bugs.
- Work closely with other specialists, including engineers, product managers, and designers, to rapidly iterate on product requirements and UX/UI designs, evaluate scope, understand and communicate trade-offs.
- Help understand user impact and provide timely responses to support requests and incidents.
- Continuously provide mentorship and guidance to team members.
- Analyze and optimize UI and infrastructure application code for quality, efficiency, and performance.
Requisite Qualifications and Skills
- Strong CS fundamentals.
- Strong experience with backend development (e.g. Node.js, GoLang, Python, .NET).
- Hands-on knowledge working with public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Hands-on knowledge of agile development methodologies.
- Hands-on knowledge with integrating open-source toolkits and frameworks.
- Good problem-solving, analytical thinking capabilities, and exceptional attention to details.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience building complex web applications.
- You use tools that promote modular and component-based architectures, such as React.
- You enjoy web development, learning new tools, and discovering creative ways to improve our user experiences.
- You prefer to work as a full-stack engineer, and you have experience building server-side functionality to support your user experiences.
- You have hands-on experience in setting up build tools & CI pipelines.
- You have expertise in selecting and using open source and third-party libraries (including managing licensing).
- You have demonstrated experience driving change within an organization and leading complex technical projects.
- You have experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit testing techniques.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- You are an outcome-oriented problem solver.
- You show initiative and pragmatism in your creation of quality user experiences that deliver business value.
- You are driven to continuously learn and improve.
- You appreciate teamwork and enjoy collaborating with other talented, motivated engineers.
- You are agile and versatile.
What we offer
- People-focused, entrepreneurial start-up culture with the backing of a stable, global, corporate entity - Nemetschek
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- With our rapid global expansion, you will have the opportunity for continuous professional development
- The opportunity to create real impact on a global organization in a growing industry
- Flexible remote schedule
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 1.6 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.