Join the ArcGIS StoryMaps team and help us build a new digital storytelling tool with unprecedented mapping capabilities. Authors around the world use story maps to drive change, influence opinion, and create awareness with their stories, getting millions of page views a day.
You will work with designers and product engineers to design, build, and run a cutting-edge, responsive web application. You will be involved at every stage of product development, from brainstorming broad ideas to ensuring quality through launch. Using your full range of software development and product thinking skills, you will be responsible for delivering a stable and useful product that meets customer needs.
As a qualified candidate, you have a track record of contributing to successful outcomes for users and the business. You are a strong cross-functional partner, great communicator, and are able to take a solution from idea to implementation. You uphold a high-quality bar, have a strong appreciation for details, and understand the value of clear communication. Above all, you approach problems holistically and create elegantly simple solutions to multi-faceted problems.
- Set up and configure cloud-based SaaS infrastructure
- Design and implement product website with third-party integrations
- Tailor existing React solutions for new audiences and use cases
- Assist team in completing other high-priority tasks
- 2+ experience as a full stack developer
- Excellent React skills and hands-on experience with Node.js
- Understanding of SaaS infrastructure including AWS, storage and media hosting solutions, and security models
- Experience designing and implementing Restful APIs
- Experience with tools such as Webpack/Gulp/NPM/Yarn
- Working knowledge of a source control and issue management system, preferably GitHub
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively in problem-solving and debugging
- Be self-driven to learn, push new ideas, and teach others
- Work both independently and on a team
- Bachelor's or master's in computer information systems or computer science, or equivalent experience working with web technologies
- Proficiency with TypeScript
- Experience with React, Next.js, and Node.js
- Experience with software design
- Experience delivering features for consumer-facing software products
- Experience with agile software development methodologies