HELLO! WE’RE THRIVE!
We’re a group of creative professionals raising the bar on Informed Design™. We design human-centered brands, products, services, and experiences for leading companies around the world.
But this isn’t about us, It’s about YOU!
THRIVE is growing and looking for world-class talent. That’s why we’re reaching out to you. We are currently seeking a Graduate Design Researcher. This individual will help clients solve critical business challenges, framed by consumer insights, competitive intelligence, product and brand positioning, and solid business rationale.
Why should you work with us?
(1) YOU'LL BE CHALLENGED.
Every organization talks about development and evolving your career, but here, it’s part of the job description. You’re going to show us what you’re great at, and we’re going to help you break into all the other things you’ve always wanted to do, from Design to Strategy to Branding and on and on. If you’re insatiably curious and ready to give your career all you’ve got by stepping beyond the title on your business card, we’d love to chat.
(2) YOU'LL HELP SOLVE THE RIGHT PROBLEMS.
Our clients come to us because they have a problem. And boy, do we love a challenge, so we attack each and everyone with incredible rigor, discipline, and a quality-or-die attitude. Work with THRIVE and you’ll get a chance to make a real difference for businesses and people through the products and services they interact with every day.
(3) YOU'LL WORK WITH PEOPLE AS PASSIONATE (I.E. CRAZY-DEDICATED) AS YOU ARE.
There’s no shame in being mega-enthusiastic about what you do, especially if that’s code for entrepreneurial. If this sounds like you, you’re going to fit in just fine around here. Here’s the thing: We’re growing. Fast. And if your idea of a good time is being a part of something big, then this is the place—and the team—for you.
• Plan and conduct ethnographic research studies, analyze field data, and clearly communicate insights and opportunities that are actionable by designers, for design and innovation
• Perform comprehensive analyses of the competitive landscape, stakeholder ecosystem, market forces, and trends shaping an industry
• Excel in verbal, written, and visual communications, with a particular emphasis on problem framing, visual storytelling, and strong information design
• Support the planning and facilitation of collaborative workshops with client partners, to achieve a range of actionable outcomes
• Provides a strategic lens within front-end innovation projects that include consideration of the product portfolio, innovation roadmap, and business case
• Assist with work sessions and presentations with senior executives and client teams
• Define new product, service, and experience value propositions that are desirable for people, viable for the business, and technically feasible
• Contributes to the development of THRIVE’s culture through knowledge sharing
• Have a graduate degree in Business, Design Planning, or related Social Science Field
• Have a love for all things Design and Innovation
• Have a strong capacity for critical thought and information synthesis
• Be familiar with both business and design planning frameworks and experience using them in a fast-paced business environment
• Possess an innate curiosity for understanding people and culture
• Be Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite
• Have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment with demanding deadlines
PLEASE NOTE: This position is onsite in Atlanta, GA at THIVE’s studio. It is not a remote position. No remote applications will be considered.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples. Please limit submissions to 10MB. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered. Portfolio samples must contain examples of your sketching and problem solving.
No calls please. All International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
THRIVE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At THRIVE, we don't just accept difference — we celebrate it! We believe difference and inclusion are critical to creating an innovative environment capable of delivering groundbreaking products, services, and experiences. All aspects of employment at THRIVE, including hiring, promoting, and disciplinary issues, are based on competence and the needs of the business. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.