DataOceans, a leader in Customer Communications Management (CCM) solutions, is seeking Technical Product Manager that can work remotely anywhere in the continental U.S. This person will be responsible for managing software product initiatives and requirements from the product level, coordinating timelines, refining requirements with technical architects, and coordinating with project managers, clients, sales and the product management group.
If you enjoy working with a talented team where your input is highly valued, if you strive to build secure high-quality software, and if you thrive on constant learning and improvement, then we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage product initiatives by coordinating with the product team, technical architects, sales, clients and project managers
- Work with the project manager to prioritize epics, issues, and stories in the backlog and development cycle
- Work with technical architects to ensure work items have appropriate technical details for developers that cover the customer/product requirements
- Focus on product development with new client engagements. Proactive product development to identify trends, market needs and requirements as well as reactive to current sales and client services requirements
- Manage technical debt work items, ensuring progress and incorporation into the development cycle within strategic and tactical objectives
- Drive documentation of technical requirements, collaboration and meetings, and feature development
- Lead development and stakeholder technical meetings and workgroups
- Use systems such as Jira and Confluence to manage and document daily work
- Be able to solve problems independently and work collaboratively with architects, developers, business stakeholders and clients
- Stay current with management methodologies and apply best practices
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent industry work experience
- 5+ years of experience working in a related software development environment
- 3+ years working in or leading Agile, Scrum or other SDLC management process
- Experience in Business Analyst roles
- Experience in Project Management roles
- Experience in writing and organizing technical documentation
Desired Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence tools
- Familiarity with basic software development techniques, languages, terminology and development processes
- PMP or other recognized project management certification
- Familiarity with basic infrastructure concepts such as servers, hosting, containerization, firewalls, media and storage, server performance, etc
- Experience with payment processing and PCI compliance
- Experience with healthcare systems and HIPAA compliance
- Able to communicate with and present material to clients, third party partners, and executive level members
- Ability to communicate clearly with other team members
- Trustworthy and reliable – will get the job done
- Self-managed and self-motivated to do your best work
- Desire to develop a great product and have fun in the process
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401k with company matching
- Flexible work schedule including work from home
Direct hire only – please no recruiters or off-shore companies.
DataOceans is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
In compliance with Federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity & eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.