Hi! We're Strategy11. We are the company behind Formidable Forms and our newly acquired Business Directory Plugin. No matter what product we're working on, our goal is to make big projects possible without big resources and make complex tasks simple. Our software is running on over 300,000 websites, and our team is growing fast. We have tons of big plans for the future and would love for you to be a part of it.
As a WordPress Video Educator, you will be responsible for regularly researching, scripting, recording, and producing video content to help our users get the most out of our products!
We are looking for energetic and fun people who love to work hard and get things done.
Interested? See "How to Apply" below to learn more before applying.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through from conception to completion.
- You're an excellent communicator, fluent in both verbal and written English.
- You are technical and can learn complex software and then clearly and simply educate others.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You're passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see and are excited to work on tasks that impact thousands of users.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- You're a team player who is comfortable working alongside and helping other team members, and you don't take critical feedback personally.
- You're a teacher at heart and enjoy explaining concepts and ideas.
- You have extensive knowledge and experience with WordPress and digital marketing.
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Researching, Writing, editing, and recording a script.
- Producing multimedia materials including graphics and videos to go along with your written script.
- Collaborate with the management team to produce video assets.
- Ensure video content is consistent with company digital strategies, brand guidelines, SEO guidance, and web best practices.
- Manage and monitor the progress of projects to successful launch projects on time.
- Engage with community that comments on video postings to ensure they understand and are supported.
Here are some skills that will come in handy:
- Professional experience with WordPress.
- Proficiency with screen recordings.
- Experience with video/audio editing.
- Experience with graphic editing.
- Experience adding and managing videos on YouTube.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to keep complex ideas and features simple. (Simplicity is a core value!)
- Previous freelance or remote work experience.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Advanced proficiency in Videography and graphic design.
- Experience working with Formidable Forms.
What we offer
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Africa, Ireland, Philippines, and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 60 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
This is a remote position - our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Utah, USA, so company operating hours are 9am - 5pm MST (UTC -7). While full coverage is not a requirement, you must be available during a portion of the day.
At Strategy11 (Formidable Forms, Business Directory Plugin), we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Strategy11 is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
Also note, don't forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out :)
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!