Hillrom’s Voalte Mobile software solutions focus on being the best communication and collaboration tools for healthcare care teams. The product offering has multiple mobile applications, web applications, and server applications. The Lead Android Engineer is responsible for the design of a product or solution, from conception to design and verification. Applies expert technical knowledge and engineering principles in the development of products and solutions. Provides guidance to other engineers for technical issues, design reviews, and complex problem resolution. All while contributing to the code base every day, by writing a lot of code. This can position can be located anywhere in the continental United States (Remote/Virtual).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads requirement analysis, detailed design, and verification activities for a product or solution.
- Makes difficult design trade-offs and decisions about features, schedule, quality, and cost.
- Seeks the optimal technology solutions to problems from internal and external options and applies appropriate methodology to identify issues/concerns.
- Primary accountability for major element of a project, determines all tasks that are required, and is responsible for project outcome.
- Designs, develops and/or directs research and tests to validate effect and consequences of designs, process or product enhancements across projects and/or products.
- Proactively determines measures and standards of success for project, product, and process quality within project teams.
- Create and enforce team process and technical standards.
- Write a lot of code.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or local equivalent of same.
- Generally, 8-11 years of relevant software engineering experience (minimum 5).
- Minimum 3 years of Android application development experience.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Proficient in Kotlin and Java; Comfort working in ANSI C is a plus.
- Deep understanding of core Android frameworks.
- Experience with GraphQL, WebSocket, and network programming is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced Scrum team environment.
- Strong Interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment.
- Excellent decision-making skills to analyze design trade-offs considering features, schedule, quality, and cost.
- Ability to operate independently in a distributed team.
Hillrom is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity