Senior Data Scientist / NLP (x/f/m)
Read on if complex problem-solving excites you and you enjoy challenging the team to come up with more innovative solutions. You always have the customer in mind as you dive deep into scrubbing, cleaning, and understanding data and design algorithms. You enjoy reading the latest research as much as you enjoy watching the latest episode of your favorite show.
Who we are and what we do
We have a lean, agile mindset, and "build, measure, learn" is one of our core principles.
We are a team of entrepreneurs with a brand-new office in vibrant Berlin-Kreuzberg. We believe it should be as easy as possible for everyone to access valuable medical and pharmaceutical knowledge when needed. That's why we are building easy-to-use technology to empower people.
Xircles brings clarity into healthcare.
- Accompany the development team in building the best search tool for medical information
- Integrate semantic search capabilities into our universal search engine
- Design and deploy data and modeling pipelines to semantically understand and annotate medical documents like product information and package leaflets
- Evaluate and implement the newest approaches to generate question and answer pairs out of those documents
- Translate search requests from natural language into logical forms to generate answers out of medical databases, knowledge bases, and ontologies
- Improve our intent detection and auto-generate utterances for them
- Translate search results into compact and meaningful answers
What is there for you
- Several years of relevant experience in data science and machine learning, with a particular focus in the NLP domain
- You solved complex NLP problems by applying heuristical methods, linguistic intuitions, and/or machine learning
- You are proficient in statistical techniques like syntactic parsing or text summarization
- Practical knowledge of the German language and/or healthcare domain language models will be a very strong plus
- You communicate technical topics and analyze results clearly and effectively to influence business decisions
- Experience in survey design and analysis will be also a plus
- Become the leading NLP expert in our data team
- Validate and verify approaches in a research & development style setting
- Develop and grow the team together with our CTO
- Make a real impact by providing instantly meaningful knowledge to physicians and soon also patients
- The opportunity to work in a growing team with a big responsibility which thrives on a strong exchange of knowledge and ideas
- Attractive remuneration
- Full-time position
- Training and further education
- Direct cooperation in a very smart and experienced team
- Flat hierarchy and open doors in a relaxed, professional, atmosphere
Come and join the team! We are interested in knowing who you really are, send us your complete application with:
- Professional references
- Your earliest available start date