Jodel is the world’s hyperlocal community.
Through its state-of-the-art mobile platform, it enables its users to discover, follow, and participate in-real-time in the most relevant conversations with people nearby. We have millions of active users across the Nordics, DACH and middle-east and continue to expand globally.
Our vision is that you can open Jodel at any time and anywhere in the world, to easily talk and connect with people around you.
You will be able to fully explore the city you live in, listen in on all its vibrant communities and connect with your peers. No matter if it’s other pet lovers nearby or the local techno crowd: Jodel allows you to share memes and jokes, get news, ask questions and simply have fun. You can discuss everything from new hypes to modern-dating, organize help for social causes. And by doing all that you might even get to know new amazing people in your area.
Jodel will be closing the gap to easily share a togetherness with all the people you see in the physical world. As this works in your hometown, so it does when moving somewhere else. Whenever you’re travelling, you can be certain there are people around you that wonder about the same things. Is it still worth it to go to the Full Moon party here in Ko Pha-ngan or what are the best tricks for negotiations on the Marrakech market? And maybe, one day, you think about moving to New York so you teleport to its local feed and explore.
- Join a highly motivated cross-functional team to launch Jodel and make it the local network in France
- You will grow our brand and user base through your community- & marketing-driven approach
- Set up and scale our country-specific offline operations in France to nurture and grow our local communities
- Run experiments for new acquisition channels while optimizing existing ones
- Systematize learnings into roll-out strategies for further internationalization
- Set up and manage our ambassador program end to end.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Data-driven: you apply deep logic to your thinking and take data-informed decisions. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, and who learn from every mistake
- Passionate about Jodel and creating local communities: you have a thorough understanding of social networks, are passionate about Jodel and go above and beyond to grow the brand, while focusing on consumers throughout the journey
- Team player: you love to work with a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Jodel’s mission
- Project management: you have great project management skills, work organized and structured and have the ability to think things through even with incomplete data
- Background: you have a Bachelor degree from a French university and know the French student culture very well. Ideally, already work experience in operations management
- Languages: You are native in French, speak English fluently (office language) and have strong communication skills.
- No one else is doing what we're doing -- it's that simple. We're pioneering local communication and since communication is a basic human need, our work is just very very exciting. On top of that, we are one of the few large scale European Social Networks. There’s not that many and we're very proud to be "Made in Europe"
- Career building is part of the deal -- you don't join to just contribute to the product - you also join to improve your career. We pay special attention to your personal development and make sure you're focusing on the skills that matter the most to you
- United in diversity -- with people from all over the world, from Tunisia to France, from India to Poland, we are multicultural by default and proud to be so. We all come from different walks of life and cultural backgrounds, and we continue to push for diversity in our team!
- Lean processes -- we try hard to cut meetings and processes to a minimum, to ensure that you’re focusing on being productive. And we encourage all interactions to be direct and open, not forcing you to go through any intermediaries to get your work done
- We're building a team, not just making money -- we solve hard problems together but we also relax and have fun. From team cooking to going on company trips, from office parties to go-karting, we'll make sure you have a good work-life balance.
Come as you are!
At Jodel everyone is welcome, regardless of gender identity, nationality, age, disability status, sexual orientation or religion. Jodel is an equal opportunity employer and believes that a great working environment reflects a diversity of backgrounds, experience, talent and thoughts. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. All you need is a passion for local communities and a desire to be part of a fast growing startup.