When COVID-19 came to the US, Dimagi sprung into action. We were among the first on the scene to support efforts in the United States, rolling out a web-based contact tracing system for the City of San Francisco
in a few weeks. Today, our US Health Division works on COVID-19 Response
to roll out statewide and local contact tracing technology and is expanding into a variety of public health use cases across the US. This position will be part of Dimagi’s US Health Division’s Technology team, a set of skilled engineers, product managers, application engineers, and data specialists supporting current and future project work by continually improving Dimagi’s CommCare platform and related software.
This position is ideal for someone who enjoys small organizations, multi-tasking, and a highly flexible work environment. Our developers share a passion for making things work in challenging situations and seeing the impact of our work first-hand.
Dimagi is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Global Technology team. This position will be based out of our Cambridge, MA office but is open to remote employment within the United States.
Our Global technology team helps develop and improve our platform’s architecture design for expressing end-to-end system workflows, both at the functional and technical levels. Since CommCare is used for applications related to many different types of problems, from agricultural extension education to improving delivery outcomes at birth, the software is written as a portable application engine. That means we don’t often build custom code for specific projects.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Build new features using modern best practices such as version control, continuous integration, automated tests, and daily deploys
- Collaborate with our multicultural development and implementation teams around the globe
- Build software usable by groups of people facing unique challenges (remote locations, low literacy levels, no experience with technology, etc.)
- Mentor and coach junior engineers
- Brainstorm ideas on how to improve our software design and development process continually
- Work as part of a team to deliver product features and functionality
Who You Must Be:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experienced in developing enterprise-quality software in a high-level language such as Python or Ruby
- Familiarity with the Django framework
- Background in building software for the web with open-source technology
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experienced in leading architecture and design decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to mentor and assist junior developers
- Able to work within the United States
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Enthusiasm about working in public health and international development
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well-being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time and an excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- 10 personal initiative days
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran, or disability status.