Finexio is simplifying the way businesses make and receive business payments by integrating electronic payments and cashflow improvement solutions directly into customers business process software
Our vision is a world in which finance leaders only have to decide "what" to pay- Finexio's software seamlessly handles the "how" and the "when"
As Director of Product at Finexio, you will be responsible for leading the product strategy, roadmaps, and feature definition for Finexio's payments platform including collaborating with marketing, IT engineering, operations, and sales.
The Director of Product analyzes the market and competitive conditions and lays out a product vision that is differentiated and delivers unique value based on customer demands. The Director of Product role spans many activities, from strategic to tactical. It provides cross-functional leadership—bridging gaps within the company between different functions, especially between development, sales and marketing, and support. You'll own and drive forward an active roadmap that aligns against Finexio's OKRs. You'll lead a team of product managers with a bias for action and build team culture that supports career development and opportunity.
This role is also responsible for defining the ‘why,' ‘what,' and ‘when' of the product that the development team will build. You are the director of the product -- which means you will lead cross-functional teams from a product's conception through to its launch and ongoing management.
- Develop, design, and implement Finexio's 3-year product strategy in partnership with leadership by possessing a deep understanding of the current state of b2b payments landscape and where it is headed
- Balance high level objectives, rolling up your sleeves to work the trenches and execute on the vision; must be comfortable moving from vision to strategy to tactical implementation
- Identify and validate products and services that delight customers and provide a favorable return on investment
- Implement the tools and processes necessary to aggressively drive our products forward
- Discuss and present our product strategy to the company, our customers and other members of our ecosystem
- Drive Lifecycle management of all products from concept to end-of-life
- Influence operations, program design and feature roadmaps across all Finexio products by understanding KPIs, features & overall product & giving critical feedback on a regular basis
- Creates project plans, business and technical requirements documents for product execution
- Define acceptance criteria, KPIs and SLAs
- Establishes realistic time schedules with Engineering for completion of the various parts of the approved programs, then tracks and publishes schedules on a regular basis.
- Calls on customers to obtain market data and to support the knowledge and ability of the sales team as it pertains to the product line.
- Collaborates with sales to establish long-term sales forecasts for our products
- Determines strategic product line decisions by evaluating competitor's products, market share and market trends, and informs others by maintaining and distributing competitive comparisons and evaluations.
- Work with the sales and operations organizations to make the platform and products are implementable and deliverable
- Define and support implementation of training, support and deployment requirements
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Coordinate overall release project and schedules
- Facilitate sales and channel trainings on new features and capabilities
- Assist pre-sales with custom project requests
- Scale the product team by attracting, retaining, and mentoring strong talent across all key areas of product, engineering, and data
- Build strong professional relationships with other members of the senior management team and ensure operational excellence in implementing the product and engineering roadmaps
- Can demonstrate excellent communication skills making complex technical concepts/solutions easy to grasp, using written and visual documentation
- Highly analytical, data-driven mindset; holds self and others accountable with measurable ROI-oriented KPIs
- Strong communication and writing skills, with experience preparing and presenting presentations to various stakeholders. Ability to effectively communicate both creative and technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders
- Experience with structured, hypothesis-driven product improvements, rigorous metrics analysis, consumer insights, and design experimentation
- Has an inspiring personality that is passionate about quality
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to juggle priorities and projects
- Self-motivated team player that brings excitement and enthusiasm to work each day
- Demonstrates high emotional intelligence in all that you do
- Comfortable with performing data investigations that require a high degree of accuracy with tight timescales
- Ability to create business analysis, troubleshoot data quality issues, and conduct exploratory and descriptive analysis of business datasets
- Ability to structure and break down problems, develop solutions, and to drive to results
- Ability to command respect and work cross-functionally in an environment of ambiguity
- Can succeed in a non-hierarchical, founder-led organization and aligned with Finexio's culture that is customer-focused, collaborative, communicative, and humble
- Brings passion, enthusiasm, and drive to the role
- Bachelor's Degree required
- MBA or other graduate degrees highly desirable
- 6-8 years of progressive product management experience leading product teams and delivering enterprise SaaS platform products to global customers;
- 5+ years of experience leading and developing outstanding people
- Proven ability to create a product strategy and supporting roadmap
- Experience using Agile software methodologies, especially a scaled Agile Framework
- Leader with the ability to inspire and motivate a team and foster strong team culture
- Technical proficiency, ability to collaborate closely with engineering teams
- Prior experience in cloud platforms, SaaS, PaaS, and multi-tenancy
- Prior experience designing and launching APIs
- Agile/Sprint management experience
- Firm understanding of software design, user interaction, and user interface design
- Ideal Candidate will possess a comprehensive understanding of all payables products (cards, checks, ACH, wire, trade finance)
Why You'll Love Working at Finexio:
- Culture: We are a humble, client-first team that is focused on collaborative data-driven success.
- Speed: We move fast, love new ideas and give you the opportunity to push your limits.
- Growth: We are expanding rapidly into new markets, launching new services and creating a world-class company.
What We Offer:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders.
- An environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make a real, measurable impact.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Medical, dental, and vision starting on your first day.
- Unlimited vacation policy.