Do you have experience with UX product design in a start-up or other fast-paced environments? Do you want to help us drive the company forward creating the future of work?
We are growing fast and need help to build our product into a great design platform that includes project management features, real-time chat, staffing, file annotation, and more.
Our vision is to bring the future of work to life and flood the world with beautiful, intuitive design - all while building a creative platform the likes of which the world has not yet seen. And we want your help.
Born out of Norway and the US, Superside since 2015 has grown to almost 300 employees located all around the world, spanning 50+ countries and 19 timezones. Superside is a remote scale-up building a design workflow and collaboration platform while delivering creative work to some of the most innovative companies in the industry. By building customizable managed workflows and communication technology, we are changing the way the world creates and collaborates at scale.
We have the backing and momentum to do it - Y Combinator, Slack Fund, Freestyle Capital and High Alpha Capital are all supporting our vision, and over the last year, Superside has grown over 250 percent. Through our platform, Superside has attracted some of the world’s largest brands, such as Facebook, Redbull, Puma, Amazon, Salesforce, Cisco, HP, Twitch, Airbus, L'Oreal, Tiffany & Co.
Growing our engineering and product team is just the next step in this exciting journey and one that will lead to our biggest achievements yet.
About the Engineering team
We work remotely, meaning that we want to work with the best, no matter where you want to live. Our growing engineering and product team is full of alumni from Spotify, Adobe, Yandex, Mail.ru and more, all now looking to disrupt creative operations together. The team is fully distributed across Europe but everyone is working within CET +/- 3 hours.
Today, our engineering team consists of 16 developers, our aim is to extend to 25-30 engineers within the year.
Superside works closely together and emphasizes a product-driven mindset. Everyone is given a lot of freedom and autonomy, and you’ll be able to take part in all types of product-related discussions, ranging from architecture to algorithms, DevOps and Cloud. You will work with scrum methodology, weekly product meetings, daily stand-ups with the team and weekly grooming sessions.
What you’ll do
- Take ownership of design ideas through the research, ideation, wireframing & prototyping phases to the final well-polished and beautifully crafted experiences
- Be up to date with and apply the best user-centered design practices to create industry-leading experiences
- Make well-informed decisions based on a deep understanding of customer needs and strategic business directions
- Conduct research, user interviews, and usability tests as part of your design process to deliver outstanding customer experiences
- Make use of and contribute to the evolution of our design system, translating abstract concepts to patterns of reusable interactions and components
- Know when to move fast by making low-fi sketches and when to apply attention to detail by producing pixel-perfect interfaces
What you’ll need to succeed
- Full-time experience working in-house as a UX / product designer for digital or web-based products
- You have a strong portfolio of work that demonstrates your design thinking, process, challenges, and solutions in web-based products and/or mobile applications
- You are an expert in understanding customer needs, sketching concepts, tweaking flows, or polishing existing designs
- You are proficient in UX design and prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe design tools, etc)
- You are a great communicator with excellent presentation, interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills in English
- You have strong leadership and teamwork skills and the ability to work together with design leads, engineers, and other stakeholders as well as the confidence to communicate your ideas clearly
- You are primarily based in a time zone +/- 3 hours from UTC
Why join us?
- Truly global community with people across 50+ countries
- Flexibility of working from anywhere in the world
- Become part of a rapidly growing startup disrupting a massive global industry with a huge market opportunity
- A fast-moving, trusting, ego-free and truth-seeking environment
- Have a significant impact on the growth and future of the company
- Significant future growth opportunity in the role
- Pioneer the remote and data-driven future of work in a fair, meritocratic and supportive community
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, appearance, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.