Are you a full-stack Ruby on Rails Developer who thrives in a fast-paced, high-innovation environment, takes on and solves complex challenges with relish, and has a passion for creating high-quality software that improves the experience of patients and health care providers? If this sounds like you, we need to talk!
The Ruby on Rails Developer role is exempt and full-time. Wellbe is headquartered in Madison, WI, but the hired candidate has the flexibility to work remotely within the United States.
How you will add value:
- Take on and successfully complete both routine and novel programming tasks in a timely fashion
- Bring a deep understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Identify, diagnose, and fix code deficiencies identified by testing
- Participate in team meetings to plan, deliberate, and reflect on development tasks and challenges
- Work productively with product team members to ensure feature requirements are adequately scoped and clearly defined
- Engage in ongoing efforts with the team to hone and improve coding processes
Knowledge and skills you need to be successful:
- Fluent understanding of standard Rails methodology and best practices
- Experience using standard agile development methodologies and tools
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where rapid change and continuous innovation are the norm
- A demonstrated eye for detail and a focus on quality results with a strong appreciation for the nuances that define an outstanding web user experience
- Ability to work collaboratively and to communicate effectively both with other developers and with non-technical colleagues
- An aptitude for learning new skills, a commitment to keep up with rapidly changing technology trends, tools, and solutions and vested in personal growth by taking on and solving new challenges
- BA/BS degree, preferably in computer science
- Minimum of three to five years of demonstrated experience developing robust application solutions using recent or current versions of Ruby on Rails
- Minimum of three years of experience with the full range and life-cycle of web application development, conversant with both server-side and front-end code
- Minimum of three years of experience implementing, testing, and maintaining responsive web solutions that support multiple devices
- Minimum of three years of experience with and expert understanding of current web standards, eg. HTML 5, CSS 3
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, readable, maintainable code
Wellbe offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package that includes all the things you’d expect (health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), short- and long-term disability, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance and healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, paid holidays)
- Self-directed (use it as you need it) PTO and generous family leave for maternity, paternity, and adoption
- Flexible schedule and working location
- Growth grants for each teammate to boost skills and learning
- Pet insurance
If you’d like to explore what working on our team is about, send us your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Check out our website
for additional information.
Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired. Wellbe participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information once you’ve been hired and complete the Form I-9.