The Short Version
We are looking for motivated, ambitious people to build our sales and growth team.
- are a people's person and enjoy solving problems for prospects and customers
- like to think outside the box, explore new ways and take decisions based on data
- want to learn all about sales and growth whole having a huge impact on Hier's road to success
We look forward to hearing from you. Keep reading for more details
What we do
- are building the infrastructure for local food
- help you grow personally & professionally
- offer competitive salary, aligned with your monthly targets, and employee stock options
Building the infrastructure for local food trade
Join us in our mission to improve direct trade between local food producers and their customers. We enable more suppliers to sell to retail by digitising the ordering process for supermarkets and suppliers.
Why we do it
Local Food for Everyone
At Hier we ❤ food. We love shopping for great ingredients, cooking, and having friends and family over for a great meal. Doing so, we've discovered that food from local producers tastes fresher, is more nutritious, and is better for the world 🌏.
We've found out that, although there are family businesses who put their hearts and souls into making great tasting produce, fresh vegetables, meat, dairy, and local specialities, it can seem much easier to source food from cities that are anywhere but close by. At Hier we want to improve local food trade to be en paar with the global food chain that's evermore efficient and connected. We want to bring local food to the place where you buy your groceries.
How we work
As part of our company, Hier builds a web and native App solution for supermarkets and farmers alike - and to ensure we're building the right solutions for our customers we keep in touch with our them on a daily basis. More specifically, at Hier we value our customers' problems
over solutions, testing
over assumptions and creating experiences,
rather than features.
Why we want you
Who we are looking for
- As one of our first sales team members, you will work closely with our Head of Sales, Paul, to create a strong and scalable sales strategy
- You, together with your team, will be finding and executing effective and replicable experiments and initiativesto identify, qualify, and acquire prospects in our target groups
- In close cooperation with our CS, Product, and Ops Team you will spend a lot of time talking to our prospects to identify and understand their needs, onboard them to our product and thereby help build a scalable and customer-focused customer journey
- Your day-to-day discoveries, insights, and experiences with our prospects will help the product team create a valuable and scalable product
- Learn, learn, learn! Understand the world of Food, B2B, start-ups & sales. Adapt and re-invent your role in line with the company objectives and your personal learnings
What can you expect from us?
- You are a people’s person, curious, and a highly motivated person, who is eager to learn all about sales and the work in a fast-growing environment
- You learned to set priorities in your daily work schedule and you know when to pay close attention to details and when to move on
- Ideally, you have made experiences in performance- and numbers-driven environments
- You are open-minded, empathetic, and see the bigger picture
- Having had experiences in Sales, Customer Success, Account Management, or Marketing is a plus
- You speak German fluently and are able to communicate in English
- A platform for personal & professional development through personal coaching, constant feedback, and a clear career path
- The opportunity to help build a sales team including processes, structure, and the right work environment to strive in
- An attractive compensation package, matching your achievements measured in transparent KPIs
- The chance to have an early impact on your team, the product, and the company as a whole
- Close cooperation with exceptional founders, who foster unconventional ideas.
- Probably the nicest office you have ever seen, cheers-to-the-week activities on the rooftop with a view over Berlin included
- The qualifications and experiences above are a guide, and we would still love to hear from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
We would love to hear from you
We are especially excited to hear from groups under-represented in sales and business development, including but not limited to BiPoC, people with disabilities, migrants, people with a migrant background, LGBTQIA. We believe that you can be a great fit for the role regardless of your background, religion, family structure, and all the small things that make you you.
Here is a feel for our company
Who are the people?
- A small team with a great range of personalities and backgrounds
- A friendly bunch of people, who embrace both, in-person contact at our office in Prenzlauer Berg as well as remote setup
- Time for social contact - particularly during COVID, with our morning social club ☕️, Tuesday lunches (home delivered! ) 🌯, and Thursday breakfasts 🥐 together.
- People at Hier work in customer success, ops, software engineering, design, and of course sales and business development.
- Starting at Hier, you'll be working with and alongside Lara Hämmerle, Paul Barbig, Jakob Volbracht, Aline Brosch and Anton Thaeter.
- Hier is a venture-backed company from Berlin and beyond. Our Founders Lara Hämmerle, who previously founded Fintech Vantik and Mark Jäger previously founding Marketplace Stuffle, are from families of growers and merchants and together have 25 yrs of experience in building and growing digital products.
We share our office with Github Co-Founders'
new startup Chatterbug
at the SCNE
in Berlin. We love animals and, if you have a dog (or a different pet), feel free to bring it to the office. While we love having people around, more than half the team is remote.
💌 Is this you?
We'd love to hear from you. Fill out the form below and we'll get back to you!