Founded in 2016 with its roots in Berlin, Germany, Next Big Thing AG is a venture studio focused on the Machine Economy. Backed by €18m of investment, we are building a series of fast growth ventures that will transform the way the world works for decades to come. Our multi-disciplinary team of engineers, designers, startup entrepreneurs, and industry specialists support founders with deep expertise and clear vision to build their next big thing.
We are looking for: An experienced founder and/or business developer to support our Entrepreneur-in-Residence Program as well as the launch and growth of our Portfolio Ventures.
The challenge and opportunity
Key to this journey will be:
- Startups are fragile and require hands-on support concerning processes that are often built and torn down every day. Our Venture Development team works with founders on developing an idea into a specific business case, building an early-stage company and refining venture growth cycles, processes, and tools to help founders execute their strategy.
- Your mission as a Venture Developer will be to achieve venture success in the areas of product, market, and team and lead our ventures to the next funding stage(s).
Shape the Venture Development Process -
- Co-founder mindset - We don’t just advise our ventures, but are in this journey together! You will work hand-in-hand with our entrepreneurs and founders on an operational level
- High level of execution - Work with founders on developing a business case, product development, go-to-market strategies, customer validation, marketing & sales, hiring and fundraising
- Strategic Thinking - Work with founders to research and identify potential customer verticals, define product specifications and develop business and revenue models
- Knowledge Sharing - Help entrepreneurs/founders to develop specific skill sets by providing training, advise, workshops
- Communication and Teamwork - Drive communication with founders, VD and product/tech team, freelancers and investors to successfully launch and scale ventures
- Project Management - Introduce NBT’s processes to founders and liaise with shareholders, NBT teams and founders to deliver specific milestones and KPIs
Feed your expertise and knowledge into our processes and help us develop greater talents and improve the program overtime.
What we look for in you
A sweet deal
- 4+ years of experience in business development in an early-stage startup or relevant corporate environment, or ex-founder experience
- Preferably experience in high-tech industry, focusing on hardware, SaaS, B2B, blockchain, AI, enterprise, industrial IoT, or similar
- Experience in business modeling, launching a new product or validating a new concept or disruptive solution
- Deep understanding of market trends and being able to identify and execute high-potential business opportunities
- Strong project and business management skills; technical skills a plus
- Accept and retain a large degree of independence and ownership for your decisions and dedicated tasks
- Startup culture DNA with drive, empathy and positive attitude
- Fluency in English, German is a Plus (other major European languages a bonus)
- Execution is your language, empathy & fun are your drivers, results are your message :)
Work with the best
- Full-time unlimited contract
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Free drinks & fruits
- Hardware of your choice
- Subsidized membership to a Berlin sports club with 450+ locations
- New and well equipped office directly at Zoologischer Garten in Berlin
- The support of an 50-person strong team focused on developing a pipeline of market transforming ventures
- Autonomy and the freedom to define and drive the strategic direction of the venture with its founders
- Work within a flat hierarchy among international team members from 20+ countries
- The opportunity to work with a fast-growing startup in an exciting market
- A proactive, dynamic and supportive team environment
We value diversity and therefore expressly welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation and identity.
We look forward to receiving your application.