Seeking a product designer with minimum 3-5 years of experience with excellent design and production skills to assist our team with design and development of our products.
Our ideal candidate should have experience in architectural environments.
We are an architectural metal systems company based in San Francisco and San Rafael, operated by architects and industrial/product designers. We specialize in ultra-modern architectural metal systems for balcony guardrails, stair guardrails, wall screens, canopies and fencing among multiple other solutions. You will be participating in designing for our main architecture metal systems plus related product lines, such as lighting, accessories, outdoor furniture and planters.
Our products are contemporary and cutting edge. We are looking for someone who is interested in being part of a fast-growing company that is set to become a leader in the architectural metal industry. Our clients are architects, interior designers, and major construction companies nationwide. Please visit our website at www.bokmodern.com to learn more about us.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Product Design
• Minimum 3-5 years experience
• Excellent design and technical skills
• High proficiency In SolidWorks (minimum 3-5 years)
• High proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Knowledge in metal/ metal manufacturing processes
• Ability to read architectural drawings is a big plus
• Demonstrate intelligent part and assembly modelling
• Ability to create detailed drawings for fabrication
• Experience with sheet metal/ metal products a plus
• Must have experience in launching a product with a team and understand the process
• Must have strong sense of commitment and responsibility for final product
• Mechanically minded with a good understanding of materials and processes
• Excellent attention to detail, organizational and communication skills
• Excellent research skills and have the ability to be very resourceful
• A very fast learner with a good ability to multi-task
• Proficient in Microsoft, Word and Excel
• Organized, punctual and a self-starter
• Autonomous, proactive and professional attitude
This is a full-time position at our downtown San Rafael office.
Must be willing to commute to San Rafael or relocate to the SF Bay Area within 30 days.
Send your resume along with a recent portfolio.
In addition, please provide examples of modeling skills through the SolidWorks file types listed below:
• SLDDRW (drawing files)
• SLDPRT (part files)
• SLDASM (assembly files)
Thank you to all candidates for their interest; please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.