Meet Instinct 👋
Instinct Science is a growing Greater Philadelphia-based animal health company working on unique technology solutions for state-of-the-art veterinary hospitals across the globe.
We’re seeking an experienced Front End Engineer who is looking for a new career opportunity to be the next member of our growing 40-person team.
The Instinct team is fully distributed, thus geographic location isn’t important as long as you can overlap with our regular business hours (Mon-Fri 8-5 ET).
Position Summary 🐱💻
You will join the Instinct team alongside other experienced engineers to work on creating new features for our growing products. Your contributions and leadership will greatly influence the usability and usefulness of the product.
The ideal candidate is efficient, organized, detail-oriented, and motivated to work on challenging yet meaningful work that has the potential to shape an entire profession.
Day-to-day work will consist of planning and building new features, being available to your team members, reviewing code, documenting upcoming projects, and releasing your work to our users. You will be part of a close-knit team that is working hard for a better product each day.
Technology at Instinct 👨💻
* Typescript, HTML, CSS, React, Apollo, Electron
* Jest, React Testing Library
* Elixir, Phoenix, Absinthe, Docker
* PostgreSQL, Redis
* AWS, CircleCI, Github Actions
* Papertrail, Sentry
* Github, Jira, Slack
We’re Looking for Someone With ⚡
* A high bar for code quality and user experience
* Ability to think creatively about problems and develop features that solve them foundationally
* Intuition to challenge and improve our user interface
* Excitement for building critical interfaces for veterinary hospitals
* Strong communication skills
Bonus Experience 💡
* Previous work on health care, medical records, veterinary, or enterprise software
* Previous remote position, preferably as part of a small team
A Sneak Peek of Your Role at Instinct 🔭
The Instinct team consists of a unique mix of veterinary and technology experts who offer years of experience developing and commercializing point-of-care software for the veterinary industry.
Instinct fosters a diverse, inclusive, transparent, and fun work environment. As a fully distributed team, we value teammates with strong communication and organizational skills. We’re building a company that reflects our care for every individual, treating each team member well by going out of our way to help one another in the short-term and pushing for growth in the long-term.
The development team values collaboration and learning together. We meet weekly for team building, engineering discussions, and book club learnings together.
We’re guided by one thing: helping veterinary hospital teams excel. To that end, your work contributions will greatly shape the workflows, staff happiness, and patient care for some of the most advanced veterinary centers on the planet.
Salary and Benefits Highlights 🌞
* We offer a supportive, innovative, caring work environment
* We pay our team well (based on experience)
* We give our team owner-like flexibility over work and time off
* We offer health, vision, dental insurance, and 401K
* We offer a generous home office and professional development stipend
* We provide all-expense-paid travel to hospitals and our retreats
Learn More About Us 👓
- Our new blog called Pick the Brain that has articles that will help you understand a little more about how we engage and help our customers—besides writing awesome software.
Instinct Science is a greater Philadelphia-based animal health company that helps the world’s state-of-the-art veterinary practices streamline their care through medically-driven invoicing and thoughtful automation. Find out more at www.instinct.vet.
Our project is supported by the Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern PA, an initiative of the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development funded by the Ben Franklin Technology Development Authority.
Instinct is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a work environment free from harassment or discrimination in any form. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, ancestry, veteran, or disability status.