Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
We provide a unique combination of first-class IIoT technology and its delivery with powerful financial and insurance offerings — all from a single source trusted by hundreds of companies worldwide. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
As the Analytics & Insights Manager you will enable business insights that will drive new opportunities for growth and a strong portfolio through sorting and presenting well-reasoned commercial insight on the markets we address. A successful person in this role will first seek to understand, then to be understood, making use of both logic and intuition to define problems and solutions; going beyond accepted approaches.
Based in Berlin, you will be an integral team member driving and championing ideas through data, analytics, and people to achieve relayr’s strategy to grow our business from innovative projects to strong sustainable and repeatable business models in multiple categories. Working with various contributors throughout relayr, but most importantly working with Value Creation to ensure we have the necessary insight and facts to base strategic management decisions.
- Drive the right business insights on building new revenue models with analyses on go-to-market strategies, customer targeting, and value creation.
- Plan and execute research on the IIoT trends in specific markets, thought leadership, top players and main use cases, by using appropriate research design and data analysis models.
- Create market research collateral to support strategic decision-making for building new business models within our eco-system.
- Conduct ad-hoc research with a quick turnaround to support engagements and the Core management team in their decision-making process on existing and upcoming Categories.
- Research and monitor key IIoT technological advancements, market changes and Insurance and Financing trends in IIoT and debrief key stakeholders.
- Support our go-to-market-teams with suggestions for better addressing customer needs based on market best practices, business personas and digital transformation research.
- Coordinate and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders in the company to understand knowledge needs. Lead debriefing sessions or workshops to bring data and reports to life when needed.
- Set-up and execute optimal communication to internal and external stakeholders relevant to market research. Documenting and storing research activities, findings, reports and relevant internal communication.
- At least 2 years of experience in analysing market research data and creating quality reports / presentations
- Experience in organisations with a SaaS, IoT, and/or Cloud technology focus
- A degree preferably in Economics, Market Research, Social Sciences, Statistics, Psychology, Marketing, or alike
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses of complex data, including market and competitor analysis (market sizing, drivers and dynamics), customer analysis and internal analysis (strategic analysis, business model reviews, and financials);
- Managing several multi-resource research programmes simultaneously: using work plans to manage day-to-day execution, removing roadblocks, proactively asking for help, effectively communicating, and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges to create compelling business value propositions for technical solutions
- Writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently; to and/or for all levels of audiences, customers and internal staff and management
- Developing market analyses and reports using data analytics tools such as Alteryx, visualisation tools, and the Microsoft suite of applications such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong experience applying advanced data analytics to big data is preferred, or alternatively a demonstrated strong potential to learn rapidly with limited support
- Experience in strategy or M&A consulting is a strong plus
- Willingness to develop along a senior management team
- Fluent in English; German and any other European language is a plus
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive. We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee at relayr, you will be working from home, enjoy a structured digital onboarding programme and flexible working hours.
- Modern office located in Kreuzberg with a relaxation room, standing-desks, free fruits, and a high-end espresso machine.
- Relayrians come from all over the world, speak 20+ languages (working language is English), and welcome people of all ages and parental statuses. Our customers are as diverse as we are - join us to connect with a network of companies and people from around the globe.
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team.
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline. We also offer free German classes at all levels.
- Have some fun with regular team lunches and off-sites, a yearly company summit, and our branded goodies.
- Competitive salary.
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city!
- 25 paid vacation days + public holidays.
- Discounted Urban Sports Club membership.
- We partner with Fürstenberg Institute to provide our employees with psychological support and career coaching.
- We offer the ability to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!