Catch Co is looking for a Data Engineer to develop and maintain data transformation workflows (e.g. dbt models) in our data warehouse, Redshift. These workflows and models empower team members to do further reporting and analysis in our self-serve business intelligence platform, Looker. This person will ensure data accuracy through automated tests and assist co-workers in understanding and using data appropriately.
What you will do:
- Learn & take ownership of Catch Co.’s existing data transformation workflow. Maintain existing, & develop new, data transformation workflow from Catch Co. data warehouse & other input sources through to reporting & analysis tools
- Become familiar with & able to manage Catch Co.’s dozens of data sources & integrations. Own troubleshooting of existing integrations & additions of new sources (e.g. extract data via API from 3rd party sources.)
- Integrate new data into existing data infrastructure.
- Develop robust automated testing of Catch Co.’s data transformation workflow which ensures output data quality & identifies errors before users encounter them.
- Support development of a comprehensive data documentation program & create a data library which is simple & easy enough for Catch Co.’s many self-service data users to utilize.
- You will work most closely with your teammates on the Data Strategy & Analysis Team as well as our other colleagues in the Tech department. You will also frequently work with our Data Ambassadors, a cross-functional team representing every corner of the company.
- As being data driven is a core tenant at Catch Co., managing our data transformation inevitably leads to meaningful interaction with most, if not all, functions across the company from time to time.
What experience you need:
- 1-5 years experience in relevant field
- Experience in ETL & data warehouse technologies
- Understanding of database architecture & data pipelines
- Robust SQL skills
- Python and/or R experience is a plus
- Experience working with DBT is a plus
What will make you successful:
- Accountability & Dependability
- Attention to Detail
- High Standards
- Listening Skills
- Organization & Planning Skills
- Strong Work Ethic
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off policy
- 11 Paid Holidays + 4 additional paid days off specifically to enjoy the outdoors
- Flexible working schedule & work from home opportunities (and a fully remote team throughout covid-19)
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance - We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employee discount program
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership and $100 of store credit
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.