O.C. Tanner is an HR technology and services company, and the global leader in engaging workplace cultures. Every day, we help thousands of top companies create peak moments that inspire people to achieve, appreciate, and thrive at work. From Boston to Bengaluru, clients use our Culture Cloud™ suite to attract, engage, and retain talent, bond teams, drive innovation, fuel great leadership, communicate company values, and craft employee experiences people love.
Responsible for the design, planning, management, maintenance, support, and other technological duties associated with O.C. Tanners cloud computing environment.
This is a true DevOps role with both development and operations responsibilities. We run a modern stack including Kubernetes, Docker, Grafana, AWS, NodeJS and Go.
Primary responsibilities are, but not exclusive:
- Programming/developing tools and resources for cloud platforms and systems.
- Lead team through the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging.
- Own and manage all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment and support).
- Lead prototyping for dev tooling with a focus on UX, accessibility, usability and capability.
- Build software for O.C Tanner’s systems and PaaS service offering.
- Evaluation of third-party systems and open-source tooling for business fit, licensing, compliance/security and value at O.C. Tanner.
- Gather system requirements by working with principal cloud engineer, other sr. cloud engineers, application architects and business stakeholders.
- Plan data migrations, and rollout of newly programmed systems which require cross-team collaboration.
- Discover standard cloud service offerings, install, and execute process and standards for optimal use of O.C. Tanner’s cloud services offerings.
- Monitor systems and services for failures and complications, provide solutions.
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to enable their applications to run on O.C. Tanner’s PaaS.
- Lead technical projects to completion.
- Stay familiar with current cloud technologies, to include containers, virtualization, microservices, etc.
- Tasks and activities to support the IT Department as needed.
Qualifications include 3+ years' experience with the following:
- Experience building applications professionally.
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: NodeJS, Go, Java, Python, Ruby, C. (NodeJS and/or Go preferred).
- Practical knowledge of microservices and event driven design patterns.
- Ability to debug distributed systems and scale them.
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful API’s
- Comfortable reading and writing SQL and navigating Postgres databases.
- Preferred technical certifications or four-year degree.
- Experience with (either administrating or using) Linux based POSIX systems.
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud).
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with tools such as git, terraform and Github/Gitlab.
- Practical knowledge of HTML, CSS, Java, Scala, Python, Ruby, JSON and Yaml.
- Knowledge and use of Agile methodologies, i.e. Kanban, Scrum, Lean, etc.
- Understanding of IT terminology, such as: Containers, DevOps, PaaS, IaaS, SQL, NoSQL
- Use and familiarity with communication and collaboration systems, such as: MS Outlook, Slack, Jira, Teams, Zoom, etc.
- Good communication and collaborative skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and work remotely when required.
- Prefer self-directed learners passionate with new or unknown technologies.
The job will require some evening, weekend, and on-call rotations.
The job location will be hybrid–In the office at least one day per week in Salt Lake City, Utah, and otherwise remote.