O.C. Tanner is an HR technology and services company, and the global leader in engaging workplace cultures. Every day, we help thousands of top companies create peak moments that inspire people to achieve, appreciate, and thrive at work. From Boston to Bengaluru, clients use our Culture Cloud™ suite to attract, engage, and retain talent, bond teams, drive innovation, fuel great leadership, communicate company values, and craft employee experiences people love.
Responsible for the maintenance, support, programming, and other technological duties associated with O.C. Tanner’s cloud computing environment.
This is a true DevOps role with both development and operations responsibilities. We run a modern stack including Kubernetes, Docker, Grafana, AWS, NodeJS and Go.
Primary responsibilities are, but not exclusive:
- Programming/developing tools and resources for cloud platform systems.
- Assist team through the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging.
- Assist in all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment and support).
- Support prototyping for dev tooling with a focus on UX, accessibility, usability and capability.
- Build software for O.C Tanner’s systems and Open-Source PaaS service offering.
- Assist in gathering system requirements from multiple cross-functional stakeholders.
- Write performance and integration tests for cloud systems.
- Manage upgrades of cloud platform systems.
- Set up monitoring for internally built tooling and systems.
- Write technical guides and API documentation.
- Participate in engineering disaster recovery and reliability efforts.
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to enable their applications to run efficiently with optimal uptime.
- Stay familiar with current cloud technologies – including containers, virtualization, microservices, etc.
- Define and automate processes for onboarding/offboarding users and access to systems.
- Other tasks and activities to support the IT Department as needed.
Qualifications include 1-3 years' experience:
- Experience building applications professionally.
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: NodeJS, Go, Java, Python, Ruby, C. (NodeJS and/or Go preferred).
- Practical knowledge of microservices and event driven design patterns.
- Ability to assist in debugging distributed systems and scale them.
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful API’s.
- Comfortable reading and writing SQL and navigating Postgres databases.
- Preferred technical certifications or four-year degree.
- Experience with (either administrating or using) Linux based POSIX systems.
- Proficient in at least two of the following programming languages: go, NodeJS, Linux Shell.
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud).
- Experience with Kubernetes or Docker.
- Experience with software development, engineering, deployment, and CI/CD.
- Experience with tools such as git, terraform and Github/Gitlab.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Java, Scala, Python, Ruby, JSON and Yaml.
- Knowledge and use of Agile methodologies, i.e. Kanban, Scrum, Lean, etc.
- Understanding of IT terminology, such as: Containers, DevOps, PaaS, IaaS, SQL, NoSQL
- Use and familiarity with communication and collaboration systems, such as: MS Outlook, Slack, Jira, Teams, Zoom, etc.
- Good communication and collaborative skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work remotely when required.
- Prefer self-directed learners passionate with new or unknown technologies.
The job will require some evening, weekend, and on-call rotations.
The job location will be hybrid–In the office at least one day per week in Salt Lake City, Utah, and otherwise remote.