About the teamWhiteboard Experience is an essence of Miro, it’s the critical part of the product, both from a business and users’ perspective. Whiteboard Experience is an area within our Core Product stream. It includes all the canvas UI and interactions, board objects and their behavior, content creation, and collaboration experience on the board.
The Smart Canvas Usability team is a part of the Canvas Experience stream. The team responsible for integration Canvas UX with ML/AI services and closely works with the Data Science department.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
As Miro introduces millions of people around the world to the power of visualizing and ultimately blends the physical and digital world to create a better-than-paper experience. Whiteboard Experience is at the forefront of what can be the biggest shift in the information management paradigm since the introduction of assemblers
We are looking for experienced frontend engineers who want the opportunity to help build a future where there are no boundaries to distributed and remote working, and an engineering leader who can drive the architecture and technical capabilities of Miro to the next level, capable of withstanding the growing number of users and workload.
What you'll do
What you'll need
- Work on meaningful things. We mean it. If you don’t see a sense in doing something, we expect you to speak it up
- Make architectural decisions and recommendations for converting successful prototypes into mature products
- Collaborate with other teams in order to improve different aspects of our product and help with architecture decisions across the board
- Design and implement scalable and high-performing solutions
- Create high-quality technical design documentation considering the product requirements
- Take long-term responsibility for the team’s domain area
Nice to have
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience with a team of 4+ engineers
- Motivation to collaborate actively with the team and develop high-quality solutions quickly, without mentorship
- Strong expertise and skills in decomposing product requirements and designing a test scenario
- Experience in analyzing different types of technical testing, and choosing actionable items
- Critical thinking: balance short-term needs with long-term goals
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English
What's in it for you
- 3+ years of developing products with similar complexity (graphical software, complex productivity software like spreadsheets, docs, games, etc.)
- Building the continuous process of rapid prototyping in code between product-design-engineering (we need design-oriented engineers that are good at rapid prototyping)
Our tech stack
- Stock Option Grant
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- TypeScript, WebSocket, Webpack, Canvas API, Redux, React
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!