For more than 30 years, ECI Software Solutions has been providing industry-specific, cloud-based business management software and services to small and medium-sized businesses. With divisions focused on manufacturing, wholesale/retail distribution, building and construction, and field service, ECI's solutions integrate into every aspect of a customers' business to help them level the playing field, run day-to-day operations more efficiently, and free them up to focus on what matters most. It’s how business gets done.
To apply for this position, please attach a detailed resume that demonstrates your qualifications and skill set pertaining to this position. Applications without a resume will not be considered.
The Senior Product Manager must be a problem-solver and solution-creator focused on understanding and translating operational business practices into working solutions via an Agile SDLC and helping ECI achieve their desired business outcomes. This role will be focused on defining and opening new markets for our growing cloud and SaaS based ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) solutions in our division that serves small and medium size Manufacturing businesses. The Senior Product Manager is essentially the CEO of your product.
This position may office in Fort Worth, TX, Columbus OH, or Minneapolis MN.
- Understanding resources invested in the product and maximize value to customers and ROI for the company.
- Understanding, prioritizing and defining the customer and business needs, while working as a member of an agile development team to deliver the product.
- Developing and leading Go-To-Market campaigns to achieve the desired adoption, customer value delivery and business outcomes for ECI.
- Defining and communicating a vision and roadmap the product for the next 1-3 years
- Understanding market needs and competitive market forces.
- Providing the leadership to resolve any impediment across the whole product life cycle for Hosting, Support, Marketing, Training, and Sales which are preventing the achievement of desired outcomes.
- Prioritizing customer and market need to prioritize the work of development teams via sprint planning and longer-term roadmaps.
- Candidates are expected to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish a variety of complicated tasks and goals.
- A wide degree of technical proficiency, creativity, and latitude is expected.
- Collaborate with the Product Management team and stakeholders to understand the customer, business and market needs and ensure alignment with product portfolio vision, portfolio roadmap & integration and stability across verticals and products.
- Create SaaS and cloud-based product strategies to increase customer adoption and drive new sales.
- Translate the customer, business and market needs into product requirements that solve the customer business problem or optimize business practices.
- Work directly with customers to understand their product needs.
- Provide strong leadership to Sales and Account Management through creativity and ideas to leverage the product and services to drive leads and incremental revenue.
- Develop new pricing strategies and manage existing pricing policies.
- Ensure the requirements represent the solution to the business need and not simply satisfying the current symptom.
- Develop realistic, aggressive delivery timelines in coordination with product management, development, creative and other stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Evaluate and invent new product ideas.
- Manage the product life cycle from conception through release, go-to-market, and beyond to ensure adoption and monetization goals are achieved for the customer and ECI.
- Maintain a high degree of communication across technology, development, support, implementations, sales and marketing departments in the execution of these goals.
- Develop, present, and execute product go-to-market plans, partnering strategies, product positioning, white papers, product briefs, sales training, partner training and competitive analysis.
- Enjoy spending time in the market to understand the opportunities or issues and find innovative solutions.
- Interface and engage with business users.
- Communicate status outside the team and provides progress reporting for transparency.
- Always accessible and participates proactively and constantly in the team activities.
- Visible, vocal, and objective
- Participate in and give presentations at conferences and training.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability, Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related discipline. Education requirements may be satisfied with commensurate experience.
- 8-10 years of experience with progressively responsible software product management or software development work
- Strong experience in SaaS and cloud-based products a must.
- Product development or product management experience with ERP, supply chain and/or point-of-sale solutions
- Experience in manufacturing or manufacturing software industries are desirable.
- Ownership mentality to lead the team through direct management, peer collaboration, and influencing others to deliver quality solutions in a timely manner.
- Practical experience implementing Agile methods to drive team performance and a track record of success using the Agile method to deliver software products.
- Former product owner experience and Agile training are desirable.
- Knowledge of VersionOne a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, flexibility and adaptability to change, decision-making and critical thinking skill.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks to successful completion.
- Executive presence
- A team player
- Must be able travel up to 20-25%.
In addition to our competitive salary and award winning culture, we offer an excellent benefit package. We even offer our employees a day off to serve their community! Our company core values are our “CODE”: Crave Greatness, Own the Outcome, Deliver Awesome and Embrace Community.