This is a highly visible global role based in HCL Cloud Native Labs where you will be responsible for leading the design and engineering of new products and solutions.
This is a senior position and requires a mix of strong technical credibility, a ‘Cloud Native’ mindset and exceptional customer-facing skills.
You will be working in the industry-leading Lab creating solutions that leverage the full spectrum of CNCF projects and the wider Cloud Native landscape.
Whilst you will be a technical heavyweight and thought-leader, we will stretch you further and leverage our unbeatable industry partnerships to ensure you remain at the forefront of the industry.
You are undoubtedly self-motivated and consider yourself to be a leader in your domain.
- Lead the design and engineering of new, next-generation solutions based on modern Cloud Native architectural principles.
- Perform a leadership role, acting as Trusted Advisor, guiding and leading development teams, acting as strategic advisor to senior stakeholders.
- Run Innovation projects to rapidly create new solutions based on Cloud Native technologies
- Refactor existing solutions to adopt a Microservices-based architecture
- Replatform solutions and migrate to Kubernetes-based platforms
- Execute PoC, MVP and Application Transformation projects that target Cloud Native / Kubernetes-based environments.
- Get deeply involved in the hands-on development of projects.
- Driving thought-leadership within HCL, our clients and the industry at large through:
- Contributing to R&D innovation activities within HCL
- Producing white papers, reference architectures and best practice guides
- Use modern software development and DevOps practices such as CI / CD, Agile, Scrum, XP and Domain Driven Design.
- Advise on Cloud Native application development best practices, run client workshops and engage technical leaders in a strategic dialogue.
CNCF projects: everything!
- Cloud Native Platform: Google Anthos, Red Hat OpenShift, VMWare Tanzu, Microsoft Stack, Microsoft Arc
- Containerisation platform: Kubernetes, Docker, AKS, EKS/ECS, GKE
- Public Cloud: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud
- 10+ years of Java coding and/or technical application architecture. Hands-on coding proficiency is mandatory for this role.
- Demonstrable proficiency in the design and creation of Cloud Native software solutions.
- Domain Driven Design, Event Storming
- Creation of solutions based on a Microservices architecture
- Agile / Scrum / XP development methodologies
- Track record in development of highly available, large-scale applications.
- Experience with multiple programming languages, such as: Java, Python, Node.js and Go.
- Configuration management and automation technologies (e.g. Terraform, Ansible).
- Advanced Architectural, Engineering or DevOps Certification with one or more Public Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor).
- Experience with Innovation-led approaches such as Pivotal Process or IBM Garage Model