We at McMakler are disrupting dusty structures and merging tradition with innovation. Our goal is to establish the real estate market within the age of digitalization while enhancing quality and efficiency sustainably. With our all-in-one solution we are combining the latest technology with the individual service of classic brokers. As a PropTech Startup founded and based in Berlin we are working on the realization of our innovative business model. Around 600 employees at over 100 locations throughout Germany, Austria as well as France belong to our great and ambitious team.
Sounds great? Then join our McMakler family and become a part of our success story. Together we celebrate milestones while realizing our vision.
In this new role as Senior Software Architect, you will be responsible for the evolution of multiple fundamental McMakler engineering services and platforms. You will be sought as an expert of frameworks, advocate for best practices and cross-team influencer. To deliver robust, scalable, secure and resilient solutions, it is expected that you will work with our cross-functional as well as specialised international teammates.
- Your primary focus is the strategic planning and governance of McMakler’s software architecture
- You spread best practices for tasks such as analysing the current state of all systems and processes, evaluating possibilities for optimisation and managing proof-of-concepts
- You advise all of our IT teams and verify decisions based on your experience in Backend Development, Data Collection & Gathering as well as your DevOps mindset
- You are the sparring partner for our tech leads across departments, alongside the option of taking on a management role for one of our Backend Teams
- You build a solid microservices implementation strategy, develop a team-wide DevOps mindset and an understanding of fallback-concepts
- You also foster knowledge of current and future technology trends and innovations
- Several years of professional experience in software engineering with more than three years in the architecture discipline
- In-depth understanding of API and Microservice Architectural Style, alongside a DevOps Mindset
- Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle, end-to-end, from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance
- Ability to support the engineering leadership in terms of scrum team op mechs (estimation, sprints, backlog creation, Release Planning and cadence for delivery)
- Experience with a modern Core-Stack in Quality Assurance (E2E-Testing, Contract-Testing) as well as with gRPC
- Prior knowledge of working with Google Cloud Platform is a plus
- Understanding of how to build scalable mobile solutions based on cloud services such as Google Firebase. Furthermore, knowledge of Google Cloud Functions (Pay as you go”- FaaS /Function as a Service) would be a plus
- Extensive Knowledge of SLAs/Metrics
- Strong knowledge of working with MongoDB Atlas and SQL
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English, working knowledge of German is a bonus
- You will become part of a highly motivated and international team of development, user experience, marketing and operations experts
- You have the possibility to work remote
- You gain the unique opportunity to experience and shape the setup of one of the fastest growing companies in Germany
- You will work with the latest technologies and have influence over technological decisions
- You can grow with a high degree of freedom
Please note: McMakler does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered McMakler property. Therefore, McMakler will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At McMakler´s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. A fully executed agreement with McMakler must be in place and current in these cases.