The 3D Development Intern is a collaborative role to assist the 3D Development team, participating in the product creation process for our UGG, Hoka & TEVA brands.
The 3D Development Intern will support our 3D Developers to create & manage libraries of 3D materials, 3D prints & 3D renders. These digital assets will be utilized for internal concept reviews and to aid communication with our production factories.
An excellent candidate for this role has a great work ethic, with a keen eye for detail. Must be willing to go over and beyond to retain a high quality of work, while meeting key milestones.
By creating digital assets this role avoids delays and reduces labor, shipping, and material costs of physical sampling. These digital representations allow design & development teams to expedite decision making. As well as gaining feedback from customers and factories.
The primary functions of this role, include but are not limited to:
1. Request & digitize physical swatches from Materials team
2. Liaise with Product Developers to organize & 3D print digital assets
3. Render photorealistic colorways of 3D models using Modo rendering software
4. Test new 3D platforms and create documentation
Who You Are:
• A precise self-starter, able to communicate, organize and multi-task effectively
• Able to autonomously find solutions and effectively communicate across functions
• Able to cultivate effective and networking relationships to drive towards common goals
We’d love to hear from people with:
- 2+ years’ experience in footwear design/development OR 2+ years 3D software experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- 3D rendering, 3D printing OR 2D Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator experience preferred
- Microsoft applications experience
- Passionate and self-motivated, willing to go the extra mile to complete the task
- Must be able to work in an extremely creative, fast paced team environment and possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
What We'll Give You:
• Competitive Pay and Bonuses - We’ve created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they’re valued.
• Financial Planning and wellbeing - No matter what financial goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses and invest in the future.
• Time away from work - Sometimes we need time away to be with family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our plans support our employees’ needs to get out, get healthy and come back stronger than ever.
• Extras, discounts and perks - Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras
• Growth and Development - Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development.
• Health and Wellness - There’s nothing basic about our comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.