We at Parloa believe in the revolution of how businesses talk to their customers with the help of artificial intelligence. Ever since our company was founded in 2017 in the heart of Berlin, Parloa has become one of the leading SaaS platforms for Conversational AI. Our aim is to build the most comprehensive solution in this sector for enabling every company in the world to have better conversations with their customers. We pursue this vision with the highest standards of technical engineering and combine it with innovative leadership and a strong commitment of every team member to reimagine the future of customer communication.
As a Backend Engineer at Parloa you will have a crucial role in helping us build the leading enterprise solution for automated dialogs. You will be actively involved in improving our tools and processes to support collaboration and productivity as well as in cultivating an environment where we can all learn and grow.
In this role you will:
- Design and develop efficient backend solutions based on Node.js/Typescript and Python running containerized as highly scalable applications in Kubernetes clusters.
- Implement the integration of multiple speech recognition streams in a fallback structure.
- Help us develop the natural turn-taking in conversation feature.
- Share your technical knowledge with your peers, so the whole team can benefit from each other’s experience.
- Exchange code review feedbacks with other software engineers, considering both style and implementation.
Nice to have:
- High proficiency in backend engineering that you have mastered during your 3+ years of work experience.
- Passion for writing clean and modular code that is easy to maintain, update, test and scale.
- Eagerness to take ownership of a task from inception to completion without losing focus of the business context.
- Hands-on mentality and excellent communication skills.
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Experience working with Kubernetes, Azure and gRPC.
Company Tech Stack:
- Be part of a dynamic, driven and international team with flat hierarchies and collaborative company culture.
- Training and development budgets which can be used for conferences, attending development courses to ensure continuous professional growth.
- Flexible working hours and possibility to take additional vacation days.
- A great company culture with regular team breakfasts, BBQs on the balcony, games night or other social activities (after the pandemic).
- And last but not least: a beautiful office with flair in the heart of Berlin with all the conveniences, such as adjustable desks, social area, fresh fruits, cereals and drinks...
Node.js with Typescript (React/Redux in Frontend, Custom in Backend, Testing with Jest and Cypress), Java (Spring Boot, VoIP Library, JUnit), Python (Flask, Rasa, PyTest), MongoDB, Kubernetes and Docker.
YOUR RECRUITING PROCESS AT PARLOA:
Recruiter Videocall → Coding Challenge → Videocall Team